Chapter 8 - Are You Going to be Okay?

Richies POV

Eddie was dismissed from the hospital, but didn't have any transportation back home.

"You can ride on the back of my bike" I offered.

"You sure?" Eddie asked. "Yeah, of course!" Eddie jumped on the back of the bike and wrapped his arms around my waste.

"Ready Eddie?" Eddie smiled, "Yeah, please don't kill us" I laughed, "Why would I do that?" Then started to peddle away from the hospital.

Eddies POV

I held on to Richies back tightly. I felt the cold breeze blow on my face. I rested my head on Richies back.

"Comfortable?"

At Richies House...

We rode all the way back to Richies house.

We got off his bike and walked to the door. We were both surprised when the door opened.

"Richie." Its was his mom, "I-I have bad news." She moves aside for Richie to come in. "Oh, hi sweetie." She smiled at me but looked very nervous. I followed Richie in, but didn't know if I should leave or not.

"Uhm, Eddie you can wait here. Me and Richie will be right back." They walked out of the living room. There were pictures if the Tozier family all over the room, I laughed a bit of a picture of Richie when he was in the first grade.

Richies POV

"Honey..." my mom looked very nervous, "Your dad has been fired from his job." I was shocked. My mom didn't work so what did that mean-

"So we can no longer afford this house."

"W-Where will we go?" I was sure we would just move to a run down apartment or something.

"We will be moving to California." Did I hear her right? California?! I knew what this meant. I would never see Eddie again. With that thought I bursted out into tears.

"No! We can't move! I-I'll get a job, a-and I will work everyday so we can stay! It will be fine!" I said between tears.

Eddies POV

I heard crying from upstairs. It was Richie. Part of me wanted to go upstairs and comfort him, but I knew I shouldn't. Instead I just waited downstairs.

A few minutes passed and I heard footsteps down the stairs. It was Richie.

"What's wrong-" Richie took me into his arms and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"You, you have to go Eds" Richie started crying again. "I can't until I know you are going to be okay." I wasn't lying.

"Then you would never be able to leave." Richie cried.

"Just tell me what's wrong Richie! It pains me to see you like this." Richie swallowed, I wiped away his tears.

"I-," he paused, "I am moving to California." Richie blurted out.