Cht. 3.5 (an extra chapter kinda)

Alright, I'm posting this because it is vital information for the story line. (Sorry Tori, I didn't consult you on this chapter.) In all reality I know my friend, Nikki, is going through I bit of a tough time and I know she likes this story. (If you haven't already you guys should fan AndrewDennisBeirsack aka Mrs_NarutoUzmaki. He is mine you know. -.-) So, anyways, I decided I'd make a chapter dedicated to her.

Love y'all,

xXxchildofspookxXx

- 1702 -

Sage

I smirked upon the destruction I was able to cause. Who wouldn't cause chaos when they were immortal and bent on vengeance? Well, I wouldn't.

I smirked upon crushing the likes of a few defheartening (a/n: it's a new word I'm trying out. It means ill hearted actions) villagers. The fire, that spread out quicker than any oil spill, reflected in my eyes.

I turned to gain approval from my love. Kalona grinned triumphantly at my workmanship and it earned me a heated kiss on my lips.

Being a fiery minx and an old acquaintance of Kalona's seemed to pay off. I was always second rate to the idiotic goddess of which he had served.

Well, not now. I thought with a sly smile as I pulled him along with me. Before long Kalona and I were wrapped up in the silk blankets I had taken from one of the diplomats I had killed.

"Kalona, love, it brings me great delight to be the cause of people's pain," I told him once I had caught my breath.

"I know it does," he responded with a smile but it didn't reach his eyes. It never does.

I wake up the next morning and have a sense of foreboding. "Kalona?" I call out. No answer. I shot out of bed and called together the sticky black strings of chaos to me. "I command thee to find my Kalona," I ordered in a deadly voice.

Never had he left my bedside without telling me where he would be. He was not bound to me, granted it felt like he was most times, but he was a friend. I had been pacing for a little while before the sticky, addictive, goo came slithering back to me. It crawled its way up my body to place its snake like head by my ear. In a sweetly evil voice, it spoke, "The one called Kalona is trapped. Locked up by the magic of the Cherokee ladies. So easily tricked. He was weak."

I was outraged. How could he so easily have been tricked? By those Hoodoo mumbling idiots no less! I greatly misjudged his capability.

I turned my head to the snake like goo of chaos and pressed my lips to its head. "Very well," I said to myself, "I will just have to continue on with the planes by myself." I took a seat at my desk and considered outcomes and possibilities. "It would be best to take the safer route," I muttered to myself and the snake creature nodded its head in agreement.

I looked at the picture frame on my desk. It was the only thing I had left of my mother, May. I never could wrap my head around why she had let herself be burned alive. She was an immortal, a goddess. Granted, she was weak due to never using her abilities outside of growing herbs she would, still, have been powerful enough to kill those dreadful humans whom she had called her friends.

"Well, mother, I will exact revenge," I said aloud even though I knew no one could hear me. No one was paying any attention to me.