This Is Real (Destiel)

Dean stared ahead blankly, trying focus on nothing but the road. That was hard.

Castiel wasn't feeling... okay at the time. He was going crazy, to put it bluntly.

But Dean didn't like to use that word. He liked to use: "Going through a mental challenge." But of course, that didn't make him feel any better about it.

Dean had been driving to a convienence store at the time, but decided to turn around. He didn't feel like Cas was safe with Meg-plus he wanted to see his angel.

So, off he went, (without any notification for our moose back at the motel, mind you) on a very long drive to see Cas trippin' balls.

*****

Castiel, despite the fact that he's an angel, felt extremely tired. He tried to fall asleep even while knowing very well that angels cannot sleep. Even if they could, Lucifer would still prevent Cas from ever being able to do so.

Meg was sitting in an office, reading a newspaper while using the desk as a foot rest. Not expecting him, Meg jumped at Dean's arrival.

"Where's Cas?" he grumbled sleepily, stumbling up to her. "In the same room Sammy was, obviously." Meg replied coolly. As she spoke, Dean swayed side to side a little, obviously exhausted by the drive and, well, being up at 2:15 AM.

Ignoring Meg calling The Moose by his big-brother-only nickname, Dean stumbled towards the room. He mumbled a barely audible "Thanks." before dragging himself into Cas' room.

"Cas." he grumbled. "Dean?" Castiel pulled his focus from the singing devil to Dean, his blue eyes sparkling with joy. "Hey! Don't be a jerk and ignore me!" Lucifer yelped from a corner in the room. But Cas only continued ignoring him.

"What are you doing here?" Castiel asked. "I love you." he replied bluntly, and flopped onto the bed.

"W-what?" Castiel felt surprised at this sudden confession, and just looked bewildered at Dean.

"Shut up and go to sleep." Dean waved a dissmissive hand at Cas. "I cannot, Dean. Angels can't sleep." Castiel replied, still taken aback by Dean's words.

"Then just shut up."

"But-"

"Cas."

"Dean, I-"

"Cas!"

"Dean, please, just let me-"

"CAZ!"

"DEEN!"

Dean sighed and mumbled a "Darnit" under his breath. "What wa-" Castiel was interupted by a quick kiss on the mouth, giving him only ten seconds to kiss back. Dean pulled away rather slowly, his lips lingering near Cas'.

There was a long silence, until Lucifer broke it. "Erm... This is... Well awkward to say the least. So, uh, fun chat! It was great having you around but it's home time now, so, uh... Why don't ya just head on in your car there and pull on outta here. While we're at it, why don't you just never come back!?"

Castiel ignored him, trying to enjoy the silence. Cas leaned in for another light kiss, causing Luci to glitch slightly. Seeing this, Cas gave Dean a much deeper kiss, watching in pleasure as Lucifer groaned and yelped "Not again!" before dissapearing from the room.

Dean pulled Cas onto the bed with him, then pulled away again. "Now will you shut up?" Dean asked. Castiel just stayed silent. "Good." Dean said before rolling over and pulling the blankets over him.

"Dean, what will you do when they find you in the morning?" Cas asked, clearly worried about his hunter. "I don't know, and I honestly don't care."

"Oh." Cas said before going under the covers, too.

Silence.

"I love you too, Dean."