November 9th, 1984

Warning: Smut

Facts to know:

-Domino's Pizza started their "30 minute delivery or it's free" pledge in 1984

-VHS tapes had just been introduced in 1981, so VCRs at the time cost around $2,000

-Heineken was THE beer everyone talked about in the 80s

-Surfing competitions started in the 80's, but surfing and 'surf bums' were more popular in the 60's and 70's

-No I will not explain what a VHS tape is, please google it

Earlier in the day during class, Billy got a note passed to him during Chemistry. Steve wasn't in his class, but he knew right away it was from him. It read,

Parents will be at the airport by 8 pm, address is below. They'll be gone until Tuesday. See you at 8:30.

-Steve

So, Billy subtly checked that Neil and Susan would be home that night so he wouldn't have to watch Max, got some beers from the store (a little bit nicer than usual), and headed to Steve's place at 7:30 since he'd need to find the place. He was curious as to what kind of place would house 'King Steve'. He knew there was a more upscale area in Hawkins, and after asking around, people who had been there said it was a larger, expensive building, complete with a pool. Everyone had a story from going to one of his parties, all of them awesome and complete with 'Harrington used to throw the best parties'. Well, Billy wasn't exactly going to a party, but he knew he'd have fun nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Steve had been sure to stock up on lube and condoms at the drugstore and rented Footloose to go with pizza. It wasn't exactly a date, but since they didn't have to worry about his parents coming home, they were allowed to take their time. Besides, pizza and a movie wasn't too bad of a precursor to fooling around. He made sure to shower, do his hair, and change his sheets so that they'd have somewhere comfortable to mess around.

Around 8:30, Billy had successfully navigated to Steve's place. It was definitely bigger and nicer than any of the places Billy had lived in, and so was the neighborhood surrounding it. Whatever Steve's parents did for a living definitely made them a shit ton of money. Billy parked the car in the driveway and got out with a six pack of beer in hand. He made sure to wear his red button up with his bomber jacket and his best pair of jeans to top it off. Definitely fuckable.

Steve's heart practically jumped when he heard the doorbell ring. This... he shouldn't have been nervous. They'd already met up like this twice, now there was the addition of a movie and pizza. Maybe it was the prospect of actually trying to get to know Hargrove that was unnerving, however now wasn't the time to analyze it. Steve flattened his shirt a bit before he left the kitchen. He wore a nice white t-shirt and fitted blue jeans so that he was appealing, but didn't look easy. It was a delicate balance he'd perfected over the years.

With a deep breath, Steve opened the door and almost lost his breath from how good Hargrove looked.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey yourself." Hargrove returned with a smoulder, and held up the beers. "You sure you wanna be sober this time? It's Heineken."

"Oof, you drive a hard bargain, but... maybe we could add pizza and a movie to the mix? My parents got a VCR."

Hargrove looked absolutely stunned. "Wait, you have a VCR?"

"My parents bought it two weeks ago, and I rented Footloose."