Chapter Ten

"We're finally out," Zander said in exhaustion as he stepped out of the cave and onto the road that was just a mile north of Suntouched City.

"I'm so tired!" Nora groaned, her stomach growling as if to add more to her complaints. "And hungry!" she almost cried.

"We would have been out of there sooner but someone wanted to spar one more time before leaving the cave..." Zander reminded her.

"H-Hey! it was worth it wasn't it?" Nora protested.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Cornered. Once again, Zander had found himself in a situation where his opponent, Nora, was once again holding the advantage. It wasn't even her Vibrava that his Charmander had been wailed on by. No, this was something equally worse, a Quilava in fact. It had devastated Treecko with a combination of Quick Attack and Flame Wheel. Riolu, while having the type advantage hadn't as much experience in battle, resulting in him being bodied by the rampaging fire shrew. And now his Charmander was taking a beating. Every time the bone dragon would slip into the shadows, Quilava would just throw up a column of fire in the form of Fire Pledge, and make it nearly impossible for Charmander to get anywhere near him.

Zander had already battled her several times within the past few hours they'd spent in that cave and he hadn't even managed to tire out any of her team. They were too well trained and he was under-prepared for what he'd be facing after her which was why she was using Quilava in the first place, to get him ready for Orion. Orion used Fire and Grass-types, and while she had Celebi, using him wouldn't make for a fair battle against his team considering the power it held. The battle had gone on for ten minutes, mostly because Nora wasn't quite ready to finish it yet. Charmander was showing signs of getting stronger with every battle she fought against it. Treecko and Riolu were coming along nicely as well, but she wanted to push this Charmander just a tiny bit more.

"Flame Wheel!" Nora commanded fiercely.

Charmander stood his ground as Quilava flared up his fiery quills before leaping up and curling into a ball of searing hot flames. Nearly out of stamina, Charmander had resolved to not run this time. Extending his claws to the side, he snarled at the oncoming freight train that was Quilava while charging his claws with draconic energy. An intimidating growl rumbled in his throat, soon turning into a roar as he charged forward, darkness enveloping his form as he lunged. The bone dragon caught Quilava on the side of his flank while Quilava's fire scorched him on the way by. When he landed, he found that his claws had lengthened and his maw was a good deal more pronounced. Even the ghostly flame on his tail burned a more brilliant lavender hue.

Still... even with the power surging through him, the accumulated damage from the fight caught up to him, and he collapsed in exhaustion. Quilava let out a relieved sigh and inspected the scrape he'd been given by the newly evolved Charmeleon. Had that match gone on any longer, there might have been a different outcome.

 Had that match gone on any longer, there might have been a different outcome

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.