Chapter SIX

Steve sat in the waiting room, once again, waiting for the doctors to tell him what the hell was going on. The door opened and he caught a glimpse of the crying girl on the hospital bed.

"Commander Mcgarrett, follow me to my office," the doctor's heels clacked against the marble floor, making her way to the secluded private offices.

She motioned for Steve to sit in the chair opposite of hers. She placed her glasses on her table looking directly at Steve and he could feel the tension.

"Commander, we're moving her to the Psychiatric Unit, on her command, she said she needed it to get back in her own skin. I'm sorry but when she commits herself she won't be able to get visitors for the first few weeks, so she can settle in. She asked us to only inform you. " Steve sat back in his chair rubbing a hand over his face.

Psychiatric unit? He couldn't wrap his head around the fact that she wanted to be committed, but he supported her decision. He made his way to her room slightly knocking on the door. He heard a faint 'come in' and entered the room.

She sat on her bed a pink bag laying open in front of her, she was in a daze playing with one of the shirts in her bag. He looked at her hair, she didn't look the same with brown hair. It wasn't all though her eyes were dull and had little to no hope in them. Her finger nails were chipped as if she hat been scratching walls or something. Her wrists and ankels had bruises and scars on them as if she was tied up for too long and she tried to escape. She seemed much thinner than she used to be and it seemed she was only skin and bones.

"Aloha," her head shot up at Steve and she gave him a faint smile.

"Gracie brought me some of my clothes and toiletries," she zipped up her bag placing it on the floor next to her. She motioned for him to come and sit next to her. He placed a kiss on her head breathing in her jasmine scented shampoo.

"That's great, so when are you being transferred?" she handed him a piece of paper from the hospital. He quietly read it scanning the main titles. He looked at her in disbelief, and she just looked down.

"This says you're transferring today, and you're not allowed visitors for the first month and you have to stay a minimum of 60 days, God that's two months and that's only when they think you're better. Fuck are you sure you want this Gen," the moment he said her name he regretted it. She started breathing heavily her hands covering her ears.

"Get out,"

"Please."

"Now Steve!"

Her voice got louder and louder and her breathing faster and faster. Steve stood up placing a hand on her shoulder and she flinched yelling at him.

"Leave!" this time she cried gripping her chest in pain, Steve immediately called the nurse stepping into the waiting room, again.

They sedated her settling her back in her bed. She looked at Steve through the door, her eyes begging him to save her from them. His heart squeezed when he saw her hopeless state.

"She's going to need some rest, if I were you I'd go home shower then come and see her before she heads to phsyciatry." Steve nodded looking through the little glass window in the door. He grabbed his overnight bag from the waiting room chair.

When he got to his truck he sat in silence, crying into the steering wheel. He decided that there was no use in sitting in front of the hospital, crying, so he made his way to the Palace. He barged through the doors starling Tani into next week.

He stood at the computer screen breathing in deeply, placing his gun in it's holster. He ignored the stares from his team mates choosing to focus on the screen.