Chapter EIGHT

She layed on her bed sleeping soundly, Andy lying next to her. He looked at her packed bags, sad that she got to leave before he did. He looked at the now white bed sheets that used to be pink.

He sat upright when he saw the doctor entering her room

He sat upright when he saw the doctor entering her room. She smiled at him, it wasn't a happy smile but a sad one. He knew what that meant and he shook the sleeping girl next to him, waking her up.

"Gennie it's time to go," she looked at him with an excited look. She looked over at the doctor who held her papers.

"You're free, Miss Ortega." Gen looked at the man standing behind the doctor and rushed into his awaiting arms. She cried into his chest, smelling his smell, that odly smelt like a new car.

"Daddy, I missed you." he hugged her back just as hard. He kissed her hair pulling away.

Jerry grabbed her bags and they led her to her dad's car. She climbed into the back seeing a pink bag with her name on it.

"That's for you pumpkin, open it." she opened the pink bag seeing two plane tickets to Chicago and her passport. There was also a few clothing articles.

"What's this, dad?" she sat on the edge of her seat seeing the cars wiz by.

"Dad wants you to move to Chicago with him," she looked between Jerry and her dad with disbelief.

"I don't want to move, I still have my house. Loni told me she sold the Bakery and payed me the profits. So I can still build a living, I can find another job."

"I think it's better if you come live with me, John said he'd give you a job as his assistant. You'll make great money and then I can keep an eye on you." she looked at her dad in disbelief.

"I don't want to be an assistant, and neither do I want to live in Chicago. I'm fine here."

"I've already booked everything, you're coming to live with me and that's final."

"With all do respect, dad, I'm twenty three and you can not tell me what to do." she sat back grabbing her bag.

"Don't talk back to me Missy, if I tell you to do something you do it." Her father raised his voice and she felt her heart beating faster.

"Dad, I don't think you should raise your voice at her," Jerry said looking at Gen who was breathing heavily.

"Please stop the car, I want to get out." her dad turned to look at her and when he saw her face he pulled to the side of the road.

"Thanks you can go now a friend will pick me up," she started walking down a random street pulling out her phone, that she hadn't used in two months, well technically a year and three months.

She looked through her contacts seeing Steve's name with a heart next to it. She scrolled down more settling on a number she didn't quite use a lot but she knew he'd help her.