Gray and Erza

Chapter 1

Jellal got caught by the Magic Council after helping Erza and her team from defeating the Oracion Seis. Therefore, with no other figure to accompany her, Erza was found alone crying while a blue haired girl was watching her from behind, with reasons, unknown. On the other hand, a certain ice wizard was left resting with his other comrades.

" Where did Erza go? " a pink-haired guy asked while lying on the floor, lazily who is of course Natsu. " She said she wanted to be alone " Lucy responded exhibiting a worried sigh, which he also did. Thus, she shifted her gaze at the pinkette as she utters her own response to his question, well not really.

Gray was sitting at the other corner, with nothing to support his back  as nothing is filling his mind besides the girl, whose name is being screamed by his unresponded heart, Erza. Constantly thinking about her causes his heart to weigh more than a ton, it is too much for him to bare. He lifted his body up, feet now carrying his own weight. " Gray? " Lucy questioned at the sudden actions of the raven-haired. She was curious but decided to limit her words as she is fully aware that he will respond with the answer that she was waiting to hear. " I'm just going to roam around just don't follow me " Gray answered, as he understood what the blonde has said and hoping that everyone heard and will do ask he requested " Who said we are going to follow you, you stripper " Natsu with his eyes closed, responded with a hint of annoyance. Gray was pissed with his vex response that obviously asking for a brawl from the other. He was not talking to the pinkette but he joined the conversation casually-so casual that pissed the raven-haired off and grabbed Natsu in his scarf when he was resting on the ground.  " What did you say you bastard!? " Gray retorted, a hand found its way to grip the precious white scaled scarf of the fire dragon-slayer, lifting him up in the process. Natsu's foot reached the ground. " Let me repeat it for you, stripper, who said we are going to follow you, you dumbass? " Natsu said repeating his words to Gray as he, purposely wanted to get on his nerves to pass the time. No, that is not the entire reason, having Gray occupied with the oceans of his thoughts and worry is exasperating the young slayer. " You wanna fight, Flame brain? " Gray retaliated, the pinkette's words peeved. " Bring it on ice princess ! "  Thus, they fought. Launching their fist to each other's physique without even going down, it may remind one of a boxing competition." Oh my " Lucy sighed as she sat comfortably and ignored the two like they were strangers.

" Oh Crap! " Gray said as he suddenly remembered his purpose, Erza. Gray launched the strongest punch that he could muster causing Natsu to be blown away from his position. Thus, he took the opportunity to sprint away from them. Apparently, he exerted his full effort in his stride; thus, he was fast enough to leave the perspective of the pinkette " What was that for?! " Natsu screamed in pain, loud enough for the raven-haired to hear. " Let him be Natsu " Lucy commented as she decided to stop Natsu because he remembered Gray's statement awhile ago. Therefore, without a hint as to where the ice-mage's legs took him, Natsu has no choice but to obey the blonde.

Gray ran into the forest, searching for the person ' Erza ' He said to himself while running. ' This will be the last time that You will cry because of him I promise, so show up wherever you are. ' He was trying to find his resolve and intention by the time he found the scarlet-haired. Coincidently, his gaze found its way to his south, he saw a scarlet-hair dancing in the wind, visage buried under her arms as she was sitting, with her legs touching her forehead at the edge of the cliff. A victorious and exhilarated smile found its way to his visage ' I found you! Erza! '

While dashing, he caught a glimpse of a blue-haired girl behind her watching. He sneaked at her behind, placing a palm against her small soft lips " Who are you? ". The girl resisted, struggled to get away from his strong grasp. Seeing the top of her head, he noticed a young girl with a blue-hair. " Wait, Y-you are? " He questioned, slowly removing is hand from the girl's mouth. " I-it's me Wendy, Sorry if I was watching her Gray-san " The blue-haired girl said whose name is Wendy. Gray began to be invaded by his guilt, for he mistaken her as someone whose intentions are ill. " S-Sorry I thought you're a bad guy. Say, What are you doing here? " He whispered, desiring to hear about her purpose. " i-it's just --- " Wendy tried to say something, struggling for words, but Gray decided to cut her statement off " Nevermind, it might be something private. Can you leave for now? I'll talk to her " He said as he changed his mind. Because he can see that the blue-haired girl was troubled and seems like she doesn't want to tell him. Then, he shifted his gaze to Erza's direction. " O-Okay, See you Gray-san " Wendy said as she felt that he wanted to try and comfort the red-head. So, she lowered her head, in respect, and immediately left.

Gray waited for the right time approach the Scarlet maiden, who is still crying like there's no tomorrow. Gray counted mentally from 1-10, breathing heavily, and made his way towards Erza. He peaked out of the big rock that he was hiding from " Y-Yo! Erza " he greeted while waving his hand. Erza perceived the owner of the voice that calls out her name, so she turned her head to the side, her chocolate hues at the corner of her eye socket; thus, her gaze donned his naked physique " Gray!! " Her eyes widened in shape the moment he saw his figure approaching her. Then, she once again looked infront of her at the horizon. " How pathetic for you to see me crying like this again, " She remarked with a slight smile stretched by the corner of her lips because of how careless she is to let someone see her cry. " Y-You k-know you're always crying .... a-alone " Gray responded as he tried to talk to her, stopping his tracks from her behind. is gaze staring at her slender back.

Erza's eyes widened in surprise, for those words hit her nostalgia. " I heard those words before when I was young " Halting her words, she attempted to remain her composure, " You told me those words before remember? " She continued with a smile while tears stream down her pink cheeks, the edge of her eyes sore from the amount of her time she excreted her tears. Gray can't help getting hurt as he witnessed the scarlet-haired beside her, the forced smile that she exhibited. He can't bear to glue his dark hues; thus, he shifted his gaze to the other direction " Yeah I did " he said

Erza dug her head into her knees, not wanting him to see. Gray took a deep breath as he prepared to look at her once again. Then, once he did " I'm always here for you Erza. Don't forget that. " Gray said with his whole heart as he meant those words. And hoping that the message will reach the redhead's heart. " T-Thank you Gray " She said as she was thankful of having someone like him in her life. But, she can't help crying once again as the tears automatically fell from her eyes

Later ... Erza fell asleep and she was trying to balance her head. Gray sat closer to her and he put his left hand on her head and pushed her head gently to his shoulders

" I'm always here for you Erza, I will never leave your side " Gray said as she look at her tired face. He wiped her tears and smiled. He know it was selfish of him as the girl beside her was heart broken but he can't help enjoying the moment that she was beside him as he was watching the sunset. The monent he caught a glimpse the moon, he decided to go back" Now then shall we go? " Gray said while looking at Erza's sleeping face and he carried her in such a way that a she is his Princess and went back to where Natsu and the others are.

-----------------

Yo! This was my very first work. I still hope you like it =)

I do not own fairy tail. Credits to Hiro Mashima.