Chapter - Four (Aaron)

Ryan and I were arguing on the couch, still. Ryan had caught a scent in the forest of another vampire when he had gone hunting earlier. I thought we had to be on alert but Ryan thought it was no big deal, a coincidence that there just happened to be another vampire so close to a human- well mostly human school.

We stopped arguing when the door opened. I almost laughed when I saw the look on Ryan’s face as the new girl walked in with Danny, but then I remembered how her living with us could ruin the lives we had made here and my smile turned back into a glare.

“Danny, can we talk to you for a second.” I asked Danny hoping the new girl would take the hint. She obviously did because she went into the bedroom and shut the door.

“Yeah?” Danny walked over to the couch and sat down.

“Aaron’s freaking out because I caught a scent today while I was hunting.” Ryan explained making it sound like it wasn’t a big deal.

“Was it human?” Danny asked looking a little worried.

“No, it was one of us. What do you think we should do?” I asked Danny. Danny was always able to keep a clear head and always knew what to do. Usually, he was the only thing that kept me and Ryan from killing each other.

“I think we should keep an eye out, but it’s probably not a big deal. If it turns out to be a threat, then we’ll take them out no problem.” Danny was probably right.

“What do you think of the new girl?” I asked both of my brothers.

“She’s not bad; I don’t think she’ll be too much of a threat.” Danny said.

“What do you think of her Ryan?” I asked looking at my blonde brother.

“Hot. I call her.” Ryan said. Ryan would probably make the new girl fall for him anyways, Ryan was good with girls. He usually has more than one girlfriend at once, girls love the bad-boy type and Ryan fit the description perfectly. Danny and I both rolled our eyes at his reply. It was getting late and I looked in the bedroom to make sure Haven was sleeping. She was, so I shut the door and went into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of blood from the refrigerator, and wasted no time in drinking it. It felt so good on my burning throat.