Chapter 2

Luke's p.o.v

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. I turned it off and looked over at Ashton. He had to go sneak back into his house before his family realizes he left last night. 

Luke: Good morning Ashy wake up!

Ashton: Uh. What time is it?

Luke: 7:00.

Ashton: Ok. I'll see you on the bus then.

Luke: Do you want something to eat before you go?

Ashton: No. I have like 5 minutes before my dad comes pounding on my door.

Luke: Ok. I love you.

Ashton: I love you too.

I kissed him before he left because who knows when I will be able to next. No one can see us together being anything aside from friends. I opened my window and watched Ashton climb down the tree. When he got down he crossed into his own backyard and walked through the back door. Once I knew he made it back inside I started getting ready for school. I went to my closet grabbing my usual black skinny jeans and band tee. Once I got dressed I walked into the bathroom and started styling my hair. It didn't take to long to do. I could already hear my mom downstairs getting breakfast ready. After my hair looked decent I grabbed my backpack and phone and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see my mom almost finished making pancakes. While she was finishing with that I decided to do the homework I put off until last minute.

Dad: So who were you talking till 11:30 with?

Luke: Oh um. I was playing video games online with Michael.

Mom: Luke we talked about this. Lights out at 10:30.

Luke: I am 16 I am old enough to decide when I go to bed.

Dad: We know what's best son.

Luke: Whatever.

Mom: Maybe instead of talking to Michael you could of been doing your homework.

Luke: At least I do my homework.

Dad: Drop the attitude.

When breakfast was finished we ate. My mom was talking about some fundraiser she is doing for the church. I just tuned her out. After breakfast I had to go to the bus. I said goodbye to my parents and met Ashton outside. We walked down the block to the bus stop. While we waited for the bus we talked about yesterdays homework. He completely forgot about it. When the bus came we got on and sat next to each other. I gave him my homework and let him copy it. He handed it back and thanked me when he was done with it. When we got to school we went to our lockers and got out things for class. Michael and I had geography but Ashton has history. The classes are right beside each other. We said goodbye and walked into class. The only people in this class that I am friends with is Michael and Hannah. I sat down beside Michael and got out my binder. I could already tell that class was going to be boring.

**************************************************************************

It was now lunch. The 3 of us walked into the cafeteria and got into line. Once we got our food we walked to our table. We set our tray down and began eating. Michael was talking about some girl he has a huge crush on now. He has a crush on every girl he lays his eyes on. After lunch. Ashton and I had business. We got up from the table and went to throw out our garbage. I wasn't thinking and grabbed his hand. He quickly pulled his hand away and I apologized. We left the cafeteria and went to class. When we got there we handed in our homework and grabbed our textbooks.