Chapter 18

Luke's p.o.v

I woke up to Ashton packing our backpack. It checked my phone and it was only 7 in the morning.

Luke: Why are we leaving so early?

Ashton: Zayn has to go home and since Liam drove all 3 of us that means we have to go.

Luke: Ok.

I got changed and then we got into Liam's car. When we got home we saw my aunt, Austin and Brynley sitting at the dining table eating breakfast. we put our stuff down and joined them. We were having waffles and fruit salad.

Aunt: So how was it?

Ashton: Aside from the massive headache I have from drinking the party was great!

Aunt: I have aspirin in the medicine cabinet if you boy need it.

Luke: Thanks.

After breakfast we did the dishes and went up to our room.

I was on my laptop playing games while Ashton was on his phone. Michael was skyping me. I accepted it and saw Michael and Calum on the screen.

Ashton: Hey guys happy New Year!

Calum: Happy New Year!

Luke: How have you guys been?

Michael: Good! What did you guys for new years?

Ashton: We went to a party. What about you guys?

Calum: My family was having a party so I invited Michael over.

I got up to grab my water bottle and then Michael started talking.

Michael: Luke you might need to sit down. We need to tell you something.

Luke: Ok what is it?

Calum: Well it's about your mom.

Luke: What about my mom?

Michael: Today so called us and told us that she has a tumor in her heart. It is malignant.

Calum: She told us that she doesn't have very long left and she wants to see you before she dies.

Ashton's p.o.v

Once we received the news about Luke's mom he thanked them for telling us and then ended the call. Luke was crying and I was doing my best to comfort him.

Ashton: So what do you want to do?

Luke: I don't know. I mean she is my mom so I should go back to Sydney.

Ashton: Then let's do it.

Luke: We should probably tell the others.

Ashton: Yeah.

We made our way downstairs to tell everyone else what was going on.

Aunt: I'll book the tickets. Since we are going to be gone for a few weeks I will have to contact your schools. You guys need to call your bosses

Luke: This fucking sucks. I was hoping we would never have to go back.

Ashton: It will be ok Luke.

Luke: What are we going to do if we run into your mom and Joe?

Ashton: Don't  know but it doesn't matter.

Luke: Ok.

**************************************************************************

It was the next day and we were on a plane. We were about 5 hours from landing. It would be around noon once we got there since the time zone difference. I was tired so I decided to sleep.