Chapter 8: The Trial || 第8章

Oyakata-sama stood in front of everyone inside the area, and he gave them all a soft smile as all of the demon slayers bowed their heads. The red-haired boy was staring at the seems to be a superior human among the demon slayer corps until someone hit the back of his head and making him fall.

He looked up to see Sanemi's hand on top of his head, 'A scar? No, a sickness? Is this person Oyakata-sama?'

"Good morning, everybody. We have some nice weather today, Is the sky blue?" Oyakata-sama held both of the hands of his offspring, due to his curse, he became blind, so he needs his children as his eyes and to know the ongoing events. "Our members have gathered for the 'Pillar Meeting' that we hold for every six months. I find this pleasurable."

Sanemi greets their superior while holding Tanjiro down; he then stated the situation in a polite manner, "Let me humbly say there is a soldier present in the pillar meeting by the name of Kamado Tanjiro who has brought a demon. I would like to explain the scenario, so will you allow me?"

Oyakata-sama closed his eyes, "I see. I'm sorry he has surprised you all. I have given my approval for Tanjiro and Nezuko so I hope all of you will accept them."

The pillars who disapprove about the demon's life gave their superior a surprised look, each of the pillars deflected and replied in disapproval of Oyakata-sama's decision while Mitsuri and Muichiro didn't care about the outcome of the settlement.

"We are the demon slayers who annihilate the demons. I wish to punish the three." Sanemi gritted his teeth.

The superior then asks his children the letter, the white-haired kid brings out a folded paper and told them that the message was from the former demon hunter named Urokodaki Sakonji. She then read out loud the word that Urokodaki stated in the letter.

"Please forgive Tanjiro for being with a demon. Nezuko has a tenacious spirit and she retains some human reasoning. Even when she's starving, she doesn't eat humans, and she has stayed that way for more than two years. You may find it difficult to believe, but this is unmistaken truth. If by any chance Nezuko ever attacks someone, Kamado Tanjiro, as well as Tomioka Giyuu, will commit seppuku as an apology." The white-haired girl finished.

Oyakata-sama started to speak after his child read the word, "As for (Last name) (Your name)'s case, she also stated the same message as what the former pillar had written in the letter with no lies. After observing Nezuko for a short time, she never sensed a killing intent towards the demon, that's why Nezuko is still alive until to this day."

All of the pillars didn't say a single word, giving their superior a deafening silence. Tanjiro once again looks to where the two pillars were standing and cry with hope. Despite the fact that traveling with a demon is unacceptable, someone beside Tanjiro understands him

"What should I say if they're gonna kill themselves. If they want to die, they can just die and rot away. There is no guarantee in all of this!" The wind pillar frowns.

"Shinazugawa is correct here! If she kills and eats someone, nothing can be undone! The people who got killed will never come back!" Rengoku agrees to what the wind pillar had said.

"That is very true. They can't guarantee or prove that she won't attack people but you can't prove that she'll attack a person either." Oyakata-sama replies, "The truth is that Nezuko has been living without eating people for more than two years, and because of her, three people are putting their lives on the line. And to deny this, the deniers have to present something more than what is here." Sanemi wide his eyes.

"Besides, Tanjiro and (Your name) has come in contact with Kibutsuji Muzan."

The people present in the meeting started asking the two mentioned name various kinds of questions as the two didn't respond. Oyakata-sama shushed the pillars with silence. "You see, Kibutsuji has come after Tanjiro and (Your name) but the two shook his pursuer loose. The reason for this may simply be just to close some loose ends, but for the first time, I don't want to let go of the tail that Kibutsuji has shown us. And this probably goes for Nezuko as well. I believe something unexpected has happened for Kibutsuji. Do you understand?"

However, Sanemi responds by cutting his wrist and letting the blood drip on the top of the box, he then jumps inside the exposed interior house of their leader to let Nezuko out and show them her true colors. Tanjiro shouts his sibling's name but Obanai stopped him from moving. Tanjiro started struggling and ended up cutting the rope around him as he stood up. Nezuko turns her head to the side, avoiding the smell of blood and stopping herself from biting the wind pillar. Relief washed over Tanjiro, Oyakata-sama asked about what's happening as his child replied by telling him the incident.

"And that's proof that Nezuko will not attack humans." Oyakata-sama said and gave Tanjiro some advice, "Defeat the 12 demon moons. If you do that, then everyone will acknowledge you. The gravity of your words will change, Tanjirou."

Tanjiro yells that he and Nezuko will defeat Kibutsuji Muzan but the superior disagreed because Tanjiro is still weak and has to enhance his strength by beating the 12 demon moons. The boy became flustered as the other pillars were controlling themselves from laughing.

"Sanemi, Obanai, don't bully the younger ones too much," Oyakata said in earnest as the two nodded their heads. "So we're ending the talk about Tanjiro here. you may step back."

Shinobu suggests that she should take Tanjiro to her estate, she claps her hands to call her underlings as they appear out of nowhere. They carried Tanjirou as well as the box where Nezuko resides, Oyakata-sama was about to speak when a voice breaks in. It's Tanjiro and he wanted to get revenge on Sanemi for stabbing his sibling but a rock was cast by the mist pillar and striking his head that leads him to knock out.

The kakushis apologized for the boy's action and started running away as they disappear from the sight of the pillars.

"Now then, (Your name). I want you to answer this seriously, no avoiding of questions this time." The superior looked very solemn, "Whenever I mention Kibutsuji's name, you always gave me a serious and despicable look on your face. And when you met him back in Asakusa, Tokyo. You already could tell that it was him, why is that? I have come to the conclusion that something must have happened between you and him in the past."

The pillars look to (Your name)'s direction, silently and wanting to hear her response.

"How did you kno- ....?! I-I..." She looks toward Oyakata-sama and locking their eyes. Sighing, she finally confessed, "H-He was once my friend."

"You bastard! So you had become friends with a demon!?" Sanemi grabs (Your name)'s kimono as she didn't respond.

"Hmm? Will you please explain."

The iron pillar lowers her head and facing the ground, "I'm not ready to give you the details, but I will tell you and everyone that is present in here someday."

Sanemi harshly let go of her cloth and clicks his tongue as he walks away. Oyakata-sama nods his head in understanding and giving the iron pillar a soft smile.

"I understand. Now it's about time to begin the pillar meeting."

ㄒㄖ 乃乇 匚ㄖ几ㄒ丨几ㄩ乇ᗪ

_________________________________________

Please correct my grammars if you saw one, English wasn't my first tongue language.

Thank you for reading.