Chapter 9: The Past || 第9章

(Your name) decided to leave early and didn't further continue to finish the meeting. She's not feeling well after confessing the past that she does not want them to find out, and the memory that keeps hunting her. She wants to forget all about what happened between Kibutsuji and her, but she can't.

The event that happened years ago has become her nightmare. Day and night, she'll always remember how Kibutsuji Muzan killed her family.

How did that occur?

It started eight years ago, it was summer back then, and (Your name) was an innocent 13-year-old and an older brother who was an 18-years-old. The (Last name) family is known for selling herbal medicine, and her father is the one who started the business. He did that to make money and to feed his children ever since (Your name)'s mom passed away after giving birth to her, so her dad took over the role of both mother and father figure. At that time, their herbs were selling well.

Even though their mother was gone, her father made sure that he could make his children happy. But that happiness ended when (Your name)'s eldest brother got sick, it's an incurable sickness, and no one knows how to heal him. He was a good brother, kind and honest, how could someone like him be affected by such illness.

(Brother's name) was not allowed to come out of his room and has to stay inside because every time he does, he'll quickly get tired or either pass out the hallway.

Sometimes, (Your name) wished that she was the one who has that sickness, but her brother kept assuring her that he's okay even though he's not. The one who's most affected by this was her father. Every night, when (Your name) could not sleep, she'll go to their backyard and often see her father in the far distance weeping alone under the lonely moon.

Seeing her father in that state and thinking her brother's suffering made her cry without them knowing it.

One night, her father brought a man who claimed himself as a doctor. He wore a black and white suit and had a good feature.

"Who's this person, Father?" She asked as she kept staring at this strange man while admiring his face. Captivated by this man's charm, and fascinated by his handsome appearance, a pink tinge appeared on (Your name)'s face.

"Oh, his name is Kibutsuji Muzan, and he's a doctor." Her father answered, and he's smiling as if there's no problem. (Your name) only nodded and walked away to get back to her room.

'Another doctor? It will be useless. After all, every doctor who attempted to cure my brother ended up failing.' The young girl thought.

She glanced back only to see Kibutsuji smiling at her, a smile that will melt your heart away. He then started following her father as they entered to a specific room.

Her face turned red as she quickly entered her room and arranged the futton as she closed her eyes to sleep.

The next day, (Your name) woke up from the noise that was coming from her father.

"Why are you so noisy?" (Your name) questioned.

"Your brother has been cured!" Her father suddenly blurted out in delight. The young girl looked at him with wide eyes, how could he say something so impossible to happen. She immediately stood up and ran toward her brother's room, she slid the door and saw her brother standing up without a problem.

But his appearance changed, his skin became dark like the color of brown chocolate, eyes were turned red and the same black hair. (Brother's name) smiled at her and told her that he was alright now.