Chapter 10: The Flame || 第10章

SPOILER ALERT

It's been a month since the iron pillar saw Tanjiro Kamado, and a month for not going out on a mission. Since there is nothing she can do in her estate, she decides to go out and bid her kohai, Kyojuro Rengoku, a farewell before he engages in his mission.

(Your name) saw Rengoku outside their superior's home, letting Oyakata-sama know that he's now heading out. Before the iron pillar could greet him, Shinobu is already in front, greeting him and could see their mouths moving but couldn't quite catch up what they were talking about.

As she went closer, the two pillars across her noticed her presence. Both of their eyes were now on (Your name). Shinobu smiles at her as well as Kyojuro.

Shinobu gestures a wave, signing (Your name) a hello.

"Heading out now?" (Your name) ask, stopping her tracks when she's now in front of them.

"Yes, (Last name)-san." Rengoku responds, still smiling at her.

"Ohayo (Your name)-chan!" The butterfly pillar greets, "I'm sorry I have to go. I wanted to have a chat with you more, but unfortunately, I have some things to do. I came here to bid Kyojuro-kun a goodbye."

She turns her eyes to him, "Anyway, be careful on your mission."

The butterfly pillar then walks away, waving her hand to the two people left on the area before looking forward. (Your name) suddenly remembers the red-haired boy and stops Shinobu to ask her about him.

Shinobu turns her head around and told the iron pillar that he is doing well along with his sister. She added that Tanjiro is working hard on his training with his friends, and one of Shinobu's disciples was teaching them.

Knowing that he, his sister, and his fellow were now alright, relief washes over (Your name). She's been worried sick after the pillars interrogation to Tanjiro. She couldn't visit them in the past days because she was thinking about her confession back then.

Shinobu finally disappears from their sight, and (Your name) decides to leave as well. She walks away until Rengoku asks her if she also wanted to take part in the mission that he's in.

"You wanted me to come with you?" The iron pillar points her finger to herself, repeating what Rengoku has said but in a question.

Rengoku nods his head, "Yes, It's been so long since we took a mission together, and I also would like to have a spar with you after the mission."

The iron pillar looks at him, then putting her hand to her chin and tries on remembering the past, "Now that you mention it, that was after the demon slayer selection, right? Oh yeah, it's really been that long, huh. Our first mission. I guess we're getting old then." (Your name) then chuckles.

"So? What do you say?" Rengoku ask.

"Sure, since I don't have anything to do right now." The iron pillar smirks and walks beside Rengoku.

__________________

The two of them were now in the train station, waiting for the train to arrive. A few minutes have passed, and the train finally came. Letting themselves inside, they manage to find a seat which at the corner, beside the train's door.