A Price To Pay

Ladybug ran, her earrings signalling that she had less than a minute before she transformed back. Leaves crunched beneath her feet. Wind blew through her tresses. Her breaths came out ragged and strained.

All of a sudden, a cane made contact with her head, pushing her backwards onto the ground. The force knocked her out cold, her body limp on the ground.

Chat Noir witnessed the hit, and charged at Hawk Moth. He extended his baton, hitting the cane out of Hawk Moth's hand, and kicked him in the stomach.

The villain clutched his injury, and watched as Chat inched closer to Ladybug. He kneeled down, and whispered, "L-Ladybug?"

There was no answer.

"Ladybug?" Chat repeated again, only to be greeted with the same, eerie silence, the only noise the breeze rustling nearby trees.

"Open your eyes, please!" His voice cracked at the end, as he placed her head on his lap.

Hawk Moth didn't move, he just stared. A beep cut through the tense air, as a pink glow shone off of Ladybug.

Chat covered his eyes, and when he squinted them open, was met with the sight of his classmate, with blood pouring from a wound. It was on her head, and the liquid gushed down her left eye, reaching as far as her neck.

He gasped, and let the discovery sink in. Marinette was his partner. The one he loved and would risk his life for.

Another beep resonated, and a purple glow surrounded Hawk Moth as he detransformed into Gabriel Agreste. He was as still as a statue, still digesting that the heroine of Paris was none other than the girl who'd won his fashion competition.

Blood stained the claws on his fingers, as Chat placed his head in his hands. It smeared on his hair and skin, the faint metallic smell of it filling his nostrils.

Chat Noir glanced up, making eye contact with Gabriel. Tears fell from the villain's eyes, as he realised that his selfish desires had cost an innocent girl her life.

"Father?" Chat questioned. "H-How could you?"

A look of shock occupied Gabriel's face. Only one person referred to him as 'Father'.

"A-Adrien?"

Instead of an answer, Chat gave him a cold glare, making shivers travel up the man's spine. The expression reminded him of himself after his wife had disappeared, where he soon after began his quest to collect the Ladybug and Black Cat miraculous.

Adrien glanced back at his Lady, where her eyes were glued shut, and her breaths began to slow down. He fingered her ear, where one of her earrings were.

He was blinded by shock and rage as he removed her jewelry and held them in his palm. A pink light flew from the miraculous, and a kwami appeared beside Chat.

"Chat Noir, wait!" she warned, yet he paid no attention. His fingers had a mind of their own, as he clipped the earrings on his ears and gave one last look at Marinette.

Gabriel watched as a blinding white light was created from the combination of the two most powerful miraculous, as his own son had completed what he had wanted to for so long.

A figure clad in purple emerged, holding the girl on the brink of death in his arms. She blissfully slept, unaware of the powerful being cradling her to his chest.

His identity was concealed with a purple mask, as his messy blond hair covered his ears. The ends of his fingers were sharp and pointed, however he avoided piercing the girl's freckled skin.

Gold lines intricately patterned his suit and highlighted his defined muscles, no doubt bigger from both miraculous's power. He leaned his head on Marinette's, almost revelling in the touch.