Queens Have No Need For A Prince (1)

"You and I will only be friends the day you stop lying, Lila!" a voice exclaimed, echoing within the confines of the walls surrounding it. "I know for a fact that you don't have tinnitus, that your wrist is just fine, and that Red Beetle has never saved your life despite what Alya wrote on her blog!"

Lila felt a smirk itching to dance across her lips. She tilted her head, giving off an aura of innocence as she spoke, "Oh? I'm lying?"

"Of course you are," Marin replied, before exhaling a tired breath and turning his back to the Italian. He ruffled a hand through his midnight hair, smoothing out a few knots with the action. "Isn't it obvious? One internet search is all it takes to prove that. Heck, I know you're not dating Prince Ali since Rose is."

"Prince Ali, huh?" the brunette mused. "I don't need to lie about some stupid prince to get you to be friends with me."

He rose a brow. Curiosity spiked his conscience, causing him to ask in a tone that he forced to be dry, "And why's that?"

Two hands wrapped around his bicep, prompting his whole form to tense as nails lightly dragged themselves along his freckled skin. The male clenched his fists, restraint becoming his main focus as a head leaned on his back.

"Because I'm a queen, Marin," Lila cooed. The teasing layer of amusement in her vocals was only accentuated by the circles she lazily drew on his arm. "And queens always get what they want."

He faced her again in a sudden movement. She gazed upon his expression - that held pursed lips and a frustrated scowl - and began to grin at the sight of his poorly-concealed anger. Emerald eyes flicked to something purple in the corner of the classroom, then back to him.

"What is it that you want so much, Lila?" Marin hissed, as he wrenched his body out of her grip. "So much that you'd try to expel Adrien from this school?"

The girl reached behind him, grabbing onto something unseen. At the same time, she let out a condescending chuckle, capturing his attention enough for him to not notice.

"Why, I want a king, of course!" she exclaimed. "To rule beside me over that class of pathetic sheep that would do anything for us, to torment Adrien and those who try to oppose us, to take the world by storm and become famous."

She yanked his arm up, making him yelp out of sheer surprise until he spotted the fluttering akuma in her grasp. A bracelet was forced against his wrist - the cold beads of it bringing a sense of reality back to him as he attempted to move away.

"Lila, what-"

"And who better to take that role than you?" she drawled, carrying on without a care in the world as she slammed the violet butterfly into her jewellery.

Black began to shroud the edges of Marin's vision. He stumbled back, catching sight of Lila laughing with a symbol in front of her face as he clutched the studs in his ears tight.

"No, no, no, no, no...I won't listen to you!"

His enemy- no. His queen kneeled down beside him, cupping his cheek and wiping away a stray tear that threatened to stain his features.

"Why don't you?" Lila spoke in sickly-sweet voice. "He's only here to help us start our reign, to give us powers to let us wreak havoc across Paris."

Marin whimpered. His last coherent thought before bubbles overtook his form was drowned out by her finalising words.

"So, won't you dictate this kingdom by my side, Fashion King?"