001 ⋮ welcome to dunder mifflin, scranton

The junior saleswoman let out a soft laugh at the flashing photocopier. It was ironic that the photocopier at a paper supply company had run out of paper. It was also slightly saddening that her sense of humour had come to this. As the small smile ran away from her face, she wondered how much longer it would be before Dunder Mifflin would work its magic and turn her into another crazed employee. 

She turned to retrieve a ream to refill the copier and was met by the kind eyes of Pam Beesly. The two women politely conversed whilst the copier happily hummed away, reflecting on the stupid antics of their boss just three days prior.

The front door burst open. Michael was saying, "As you can see, we have the entire floor."

Rachel lunged for her desk, leaving Pam to fend for herself. Being the first face you saw when you walked into the office, Pam was often Michael's first victim every day. "This is our receptionist, Pam. Pam! Pam-Pam! Pam Beesly."

Pam glanced nervously at the cameras, remembering Michael's advice to pretend they weren't there. But she found it hard to remain unphased by the sexist remarks.

"If you think she's cute now, you should have seen her a couple of years ago. Reow!" Michael grinned, earning a distraught look from the girl. At this, a pained smile spread across Rachel's face.

"And here's the hottest in the office, Miss Rachel Munroe, of course." Jim snickered as the brunette turned to the cameras. "She used to be a Temp here, then when she applied for a job in sales I hired her again! She makes all the sales on her looks alone. Just one look at her and they start pulling out the cash. They see her—"

"Thank you, Michael," Rachel said through gritted teeth.

"And that's why the Scranton branch is as successful as it is today!"

"Yeah! Stamford sucks!" Dwight leapt up from his seat, punching the air. Oddly enough, his enthusiasm was enough to deter Michael, and he and the camera crew disappeared into his office.

Dwight took a seat, amusing himself with his rendition of Little Drummer Boy, complete with aggressive oral percussion. Rachel let out the breath she'd been holding. On her first day, she was certain she would leave Dunder Mifflin in a week. Two weeks tops. A year on, she was scoffing at her naivety.

RACHEL
I used to be the Temp. I didn't really get much done back then. Mostly "running errands" with Michael, which actually meant that I was attending meetings with Michael to look pretty, or... uh, no actually, that was it. I was hired solely to look pretty for Michael. 
Now, my job is to speak to clients on the phone about... uh, quantities and type of copier paper. You know, whether we can supply it to them. Whether they can pay for it. And... I'm boring myself just talking about this. Somehow, I prefer standing around and looking pretty.
On second thought, not really.

"You have to update your resumes just like I'm doing," Oscar was explaining. Whilst Phyllis and Rachel appeared apprehensive, Stanley seemed unphased.

Rachel shook her head. "It's probably going to be me," she said as if admitting a procrastinated confession. She knew that she'd only been hired for her looks. Hell, if she was a good saleswoman, she'd have made forty sales in the last hour like Dwight, night just forty sales in her entire career. Plus she was the newest addition to the staff— last to come always meant first to go.