024 ⋮ beach games

ㅤㅤㅤ"I suggest that you all go potty now. Then, we will be congregating on the party bus."

Meredith loved beach day and for one reason only; it was the day of the year that she could see her employees in minimal clothing. Of course, there were casual Fridays from time to time, but no one dared wear short skirts or cropped t-shirts, much to her disappointment.

Toby was emerging from the Annex, offering around a bottle of sunscreen. Michael wore a pained expression on his face. "You know what, Toby? You're not going."

"But it's beach day..."

"That's not fair, Michael," Rachel said in a disappointed tone. "You can't just leave someone behind on the basis of hating them."

"Yeah, I know. But, uh, somebody has to stay here. Unless you wanted to stay here?"

"No way. Have fun, Toby." 

Yes, Michael was rubbing off on her and in the worst way possible. The HR rep sighed, retreating back to the Annex.

KEVIN
I just wanna lie on the beach and eat hot dogs. That's all I've ever wanted.

There was a plethora of reasons why Rachel tried to avoid sitting next to Andy Bernard, but the bus had begun to roll before she could take a seat, practically throwing her beside him.

Kevin had begun to sing The Gambler, and of course Nard Dog was going to show off his pipes during the rendition.

Michael waded up to the front of the bus with an announcement. "Oh sweet mother of god," Stanley groaned.

"If you don't like it, Stanley, you can go to the back of the bus."

Rachel flashed a surprised look to the cameras.

"...or the front of the bus. Or drive the bus," Michael rambled, trying to redeem himself. "Everybody, we're participating in mandatory fun activities... funtivities! And there is a special secret prize for the winner!"

"I love funtivities," Andy gushed beside Rachel.

She, as a matter of fact, did not like funtivities that Michael had planned. And that was not because of the lack of humour in her character, but just knowing that man, this was definitely a ploy.

MICHAEL
A good manager has to be hungry. Hungry for success.

After the disaster that was the egg and spoon race, the office was seated around picnic benches with hotdogs piled high before them. Rachel was fairly certain there were maybe a thousand hot dogs sitting before them.

"Did you know the world record for most hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes is fifty-four and a half? I personally cooked up enough so that each and every one of you can be declared a winner."

Kelly threw an incredulous look at Michael. "Can I have the turkey burger?"

"No, I already—"