Chapter 17

A/N: None of you guessed right! :(
Ah well, you'll soon find out who it is :)
Enjoy the chapter! :D
Lori's Pov
"He is upstairs in his office. You better hurry." The worried middle-aged woman at the desk looked at me in a motherly way.
I smiled at her and yelled as I ran, "Thanks Martha!"

Pressing the elevator button, I tapped my foot and waited impatiently for the doors to open. A few minutes later and they still hadn't open.
"Ah fuck it!" Growling, I through my hands up into the air in frustration before the stairs caught my eye.
Well.. a little exercise wouldn't hurt.

**********
Puffing, I made the last step and breathed a sigh of relief as I faced the sight of the big wooden doors to Michael's office.
I was just about to knock on the door when it swung open and I was faced by the sight of two men. Two very hot and impatient looking men. One was my boss and the other was.. hang on a minute. He looked so familiar!
Suddenly, it came to me.

"You!" We both exclaimed, looking at each other in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" we both said again.

"You answer first!" We said at the same time again.

Someone cleared their throat impatiently. "Could someone please explain what is going on here?"

I glared at cashier guy before turning to respond to Michael, "He is the guy that scanned my items when I went shopping this morning."

To my surprise, my boss chuckled before looking at cashier guy amusedly.

Cashier guy looked back defiantly, "What? I wanted to experience working in a shop so I just bribed the guy that was meant to be working to let me take his place for the morning."

What the hell?

Michael slapped cashier guy on the back, "Nothing ever stops you does it, Chris?"
Cashie- I mean Chris grinned back at him and then they both turned to address me.
"Well, are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in?"

Sighing confusedly, I stepped inside and wondered what other surprises were in store for me today.

*********
Turns out that Chris was Michael's cousin and the CEO of another architecture company. They'd agreed to join forces so that their companies would be more successful and stronger.

Chris is, according to my boss, known as the 'bad boy' and 'player' of this town. He was famous for his many conquests and unpleasant encounters with jealous ex-girlfriends. And might I add that the number of ex's was in the hundreds! Michael warned me that Chris might try to get me so I should be careful around him.

"Well, you don't need to worry, sir. I haven't dated anyone in a very long time and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon."

"I plan on changing that. Go on a date with me tonight." It was more of a demand than a question as Chris looked at me.

"Uh, no thanks..."

Michael glared at his cousin, "She can't go on a date with you because she has work to do."

Chris narrowed his eyes at him, "You're just jealous. Anyways, I saw her first so there."

"Actually, I saw her first because I employed her two and a half years ago!" My boss retaliated.

They both stared daggers at each other and I slammed my hand on the table with a bang. "Enough! This 'her' you are referring to is sitting right here. Also, I will not be going anywhere with either of you ever, unless it's for business only. Do I make myself clear?"

I stood with my hands on my hips, daring the both of them to argue against me. They both bit their lips before nodding at me like chastised children. "Good. I will leave you both now, sir, as I would like to go back home and write up the contract."

"Yes, that's fine. Enjoy the rest of your day Ms. Light."

Relieved, I walked out the door this time, I made sure to wait for the elevator, and then made my way home.
----------
A/N: Picture is of Lori's boss and the other CEO! :D They look so alike, right?
I'm sorry that this is such a short chapter! I'll make it up to you all tomorrow! :)
There will be a reappearance of one of the characters in the next chapter so I hope you will all enjoy it! :D