You Drive Me Crazy

Park Chaeyoung
Bobst Library, New York University
January 22nd, 2018
5:27 PM

Here I am thinking of her... yet again. I should be finishing up this paper for my Psychology class that's due in about two hours, but I can't seem to focus on anything but her. She drives me crazy.

The way she flips her beautiful long black hair. The way her dark brown eyes get smaller when she smiles and laughs. Her laugh is infectious, being even funnier than the joke at hand. I love it. And her voice... her voice sounds like angels singing. It's beautiful. She has the cutest nose I've ever seen, it's perfect and it fits her so well. Her lips are beautiful. Full and a slight shade of pink. I could really talk about her for hours and still have a million things to say.

There's just one thing about her... she doesn't like me. Not one bit, not at all. Sometimes I think it's my brain exaggerating how she feels about me, but usually I just end up right back at the thought of her not liking me at all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it until she proves me otherwise.

Do I stare too much? Am I ugly? Am I annoying? Do I have an ugly voice? Is my personality just not up to her standards? Is my style not up to par? Is it something I've said? What is it?

I ask myself those questions almost everyday. I want to know why she doesn't like me.

Sighing, I close my MacBook and stuff it in my bookbag. I can't focus in here anymore so I need a different environment.

I put my bookbag on then grab my phone off the table then push my chair in.

"Bye, Chaeng! You didn't get any work done, so please go focus elsewhere!" I hear the librarian's assistant, Seulgi say. I turn to face her as I'm walking and laugh and wave. "I'll try. See you, Seulgi!" I say with a smile.

Walking out of the library, I take my phone out and shoot my roommate Lisa a text to leave the door to our dorm unlocked since I forgot my key inside. But before I can even send the text I bump into somebody, causing us to both fall to the ground.

"Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry! It's really my bad I didn't even see you because I was on my phone!" I tell the other person as I bend down and pick up my phone, stuffing it in my back pocket after noticing it's not cracked.

The girl I bumped into scoffs loudly so I rush over to her and extend my hand out so she can take it, but I'm met with the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen.

I bumped into her... again.

God dammit, Chaeyoung. Way to go!

She pushes my hand away slightly and gets up on her own without my help. I mentally kick myself for bumping into her.

She must hate me even more now.

"I am so sorry, seriously. I should've been looking where I was going." I say again. My nerves are kicking in. I've never been this close to her, except for the two other times I bumped into her.

I didn't know it was possible for someone to be even more beautiful up close as they are from far away, but God really took his time on this one. Even after the fall, she doesn't have a hair out of place.

"Look what you did! My phone cracked!" She says as she picks it up off the ground.

Way to fucking go, Chaeyoung. Her phone is cracked. Perfect. Her phone doesn't even have a case on it so it's really, really cracked. Can I be anymore clumsy?

"I swear, I didn't mean to b-bump into you. I- I didn't mean for it to crack. Is there anything I can do?" Here goes the stuttering. Now I'm way too nervous to be around her.