You & I

Jennie
Seoul, South Korea
December 3rd, 2017
10:25 PM

I'm on my way
- sent to Chaengie

I know this is a huge risk. We both know that this is a huge risk. Especially so close to the new year. Dispatch has eyes everywhere, but it's exhausting not being able to live your life how you want to. I'm tired. She's tired.

We both know what could happen, but she hasn't been feeling her best recently and I need to see her. Physically see her and check up on her.

I deserve to be able to check up on my own girlfriend without the fear of being outed and exposed by Dispatch. Our careers could be ruined, but there's just some things that I'm willing to risk when it comes to her. We're the top two soloists in South Korea and the pressure from that alone is overwhelming, then adding this fear of being outed and exposed by Dispatch on top of that, makes me just want to crumble.

The drive to her place feels long — longer than usual. Maybe the fear of the new year creeping up is what makes it feel that way because it's all I'm thinking about. We told each other we would limit our visits, but it's hard.

I'm here
- sent to Chaengie

I send that before I even park the car because I want her to have her apartment door unlocked before I get there. Once I'm out of the car, I lock it and head over to the sliding doors and punch the code in and it opens up, allowing me in.

I quickly make my way towards the elevator, up one floor, down the hallway and finally arrive at her apartment. The door is slightly open so I push it and walk in, closing it behind me. The automatic light turns on above my head and I slip my shoes off and put on the slippers that she has for me to wear when I come over.

"Chaeng?" I ask as I see all the lights in the apartment on.

"In the kitchen." She replies softly.

I make my way over there and I smile once I see her back turned. I go up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, kissing the exposed part of her neck.

"Hi, baby." I whisper in her ear.

She smiles and I pull away and jump up slightly so I'm sitting on the counter.

She giggles and hands me a cup of what smells like hot chocolate. "Thanks."

"How was the drive?" She asks as she leans on the kitchen island with her cup of hot chocolate.

I nod. "Good. I was actually kinda scared." I admit to her and she pouts slightly.

"After today I think we should really, really cut down our visits. It gets more and more nerve-wracking as the month progresses." She says and I nod, agreeing with her.

We make small talk while we finish our cups of hot chocolate then we re-locate to her bedroom where we cuddle up on her bed and start watching some drama she said she started recently, but already loves.

"How are you feeling? Better?" I ask.

She nods. "Yeah. Much better. I don't think I've ever been that sick in my life. I stopped practicing for two weeks."

I peck her lips and kiss her forehead. "My poor baby. So, do you have a schedule now that you're feeling better?" I ask her.

"Just practicing for my comeback. I have to make up for these two weeks." She answers as she rests her head on my chest.

I play with her hair and sigh. She's being pushed really hard this time around so I just want her to try and stay as healthy as possible. I don't think working to try and makeup for her absence these two weeks in the span of a couple days will be any good, but it's not like I have any say in it.