Prologue

"I have to tell you something..."

"Of course Miss Danger."

"I'm leaving.... for a couple of years."

Complete silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay Cassandra. I'll wait for you."

"You will? Well that's great!"

"When do you leave?"

"This afternoon...."

"Well have fun on your trip! Don't forget our promise Cassandra Miller."

"Never Ray Manchester." I said "I'll always be your sidekick."

-

But things would not be that easy.

-

I woke up in a cold sweat. Those last words echoed around my head. I sat up and took in my surroundings.

"Cass! Cass! You've been asleep for ages! We're almost here!" Shouted my little sister Emily.

"We're almost where?" I croaked groggily.

"Swellview silly!"

My eyes snapped open fully. Swellview loomed overhead. A feeling of excitement and nervousness filled me.

I was finally home.

The car moved along the busy highway until we came to a standstill

"Ugh traffic? Really?" Said my Dad.

We all tried to see what was going on. Suddenly people ran towards us at full speed. They leaped over all the cars, dressed in all black except one of them.

A fleck of red tackled all the them to the ground.

"Captain Man!" Cried my mum.

Captain Man. My thoughts repeated his name, my memory searching for something it couldn't find. But I remembered.

I threw open the car door and got out.

"Cassandra!" Screamed my family.

"Captain Man!" Screamed I.

He turned and a flicker of recognition flew over his face. He was about to mouth my name when another figure in red and blue tapped him on the back.

He turned around revealing a boy, about my age, with blonde hair. The young one threw me a look and both of them raced away.

My blood boiled. Who on earth was that? My brain screamed to remember but nothing came to mind.

We had both broken our promise. I had forgotten and....

Captain Man had a new sidekick.

-

Please let me know how this first part / prologue is!!!! I'm so excited to write this and I already have ideas for a sequel haha! Thank you for reading!!! Charlotte xxx