Worthless

Trigger: mention of suicidal behavior/self hatred (ig?)

There was another crack as the group Re-appeared in a large room filled with people. The room was more a large lab. People were working there, going into different rooms that were connected to the lab, talking. The workers were all different colors, sizes, and shapes. Some had tails. Some were disappearing and reappearing on the other side of the lab. Some had pink skin. Some had blue skin. Others had white skin. Some had black skin. 

A blue skin, red haired female rushed over to them. "Erik!" She gave him a bow. "Raven. How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to bow?!" Raven smiled before noticing Charles in Erik's arms. "Who's- is this the boy you told me about? The one you can't read?" 

Erik nods, his eyes on Charles. Raven scanned Charles with her own yellow eyes. "Huh. I can't read him either."

"Actually. I think he might be a telepath.."

Raven's neck snapped up. "Why the hell would you help a telepath?! You know they are against you." 

"Besides Emma?" 

"I don't trust Emma." 

Wanda broke up the about-to-Be argument. "How about we just get the poor man a doctor before he bleeds to death?" Erik immediately looked down at Charles. He was pale, skin cold. But still breathing. For now. 

"Jean!" Kurt called out to a passing teen. The teen looked about sixteen. She came over to them and with a signal glance at Charles, she gave a small "oh" and motioned for the group to follow her. Jean lead them into one of the rooms that branched off from the main lab. Inside there was a bed like the one a person would see in a doctor's office. 

Erik laid Charles gently on the bed and subconsciously grabbed his good hand. Everyone who was awake and in Jean's room noticed except for Erik himself. 

Jean went straight to a nearby counter. She scanned it looking for what could help. 

The mutants that lived in this time period has the same, if not stronger, medications that people from Charles' world have. 

Jean spotted a bandage and grabbed Charles' bad arm. Jean wrapped the bandage around the large gash tightly. It didn't take long for the cut to bleed through. 

Raven a gave a small sigh. "Peter, Wanda, Kurt can you take Alex to one of the trainers please? Preferably Virgil." The three nodded and led Alex away from Jean's room and out to find Virgil. 

Erik kept his eyes on Charles. "Erik he's gonna be alright." Raven said softly behind the young prince. Erik didn't answer. 

Raven looked at her friend. "Do you wanna be alone?" Erik gave a small nod. Raven beckoned for Jean to follow her and the two left Erik and Charles alone. Erik sighed softly and sat on the edge of the hospital bed. Charles was still, his breathing slow and his chest barely moving. I'm that moment, Erik found that he didn't want to join Emma anymore. 

Erik had been considering it for a while and wanted something new. He didn't want to be a spy. He wanted to be a prince. A ruler. He wanted to be in control. To have power over people. Emma seemed to understand that. But something had changed within him. Something was not the same. 

Before Erik had met Charles he wasn't exactly happy with life. Sure he has fun. But that was on occasion. He kept his eye open for any new mutants, but newbies only came every month or so. Erik was bored with his own life. He wanted something new. Erik wanted excitement. Something to live for. He was just the young prince who would come to have no power whatsoever. 

But then Erik did meet Charles. Sure, he hadn't gotten to know the new, beautiful man, but he wanted too. Erik thought that Charles could be his chance to prove he was something more than what everyone thought he was. They thought of him as a spy. They had placed him in with the Regulars. He was so unimportant that he had to watch Regulars and make sure nothing weird happened. 

Charles could give Erik something to live for. Give Erik a good purpose. Make Erik a will to live. 

Charles was stuck. Trapped. Surrounded. The man looked around at what surrounded him. People. Faceless people. He scanned the group surrounding him. He noticed the flat, empty, dark faces of the beings. Voices filled his head. Terrible sounding voices that hurt and gave Charles more of a headache. 

Anything he caught from the voices was bad. And about him.   Awful things, he heard. Most of the stuff he didn't want people thinking or saying about him. 

And then Charles noticed one person with a detailed face. His father. Well, step-father. "You really are an awful son aren't you? Running off and then doing a lab that could have killed you" Charles glared at the man. "You've said countless times that you want me dead." 

The man smirked. "I do. I'm disappointed that you aren't dead. Pity the test worked isn't it? I am told that even if it killed you, you wouldn't care, am I right?" Charles didn't answer. His father nodded. "Worthless."

Charles winces and looks up at the figure of his step-father just as he turns into someone else. Charles immediately recognizes Erik in the place of his awful step-father. "He's right. You are worthless." 

Charles jumps up in the hospital bed, his eyes suddenly wide open and alert. Sweat was collecting on his forehead. He feels a grip on his hand and turns his head slightly to see Erik. A small amount of tears form in his blue eyes. It was just a dream he tried to tell himself. 

"Charles?" Erik asks softly.  Charles looks at Erik for a second before laying back down on the bed and turning away to face the white wall of Jean's room. "I... Charles, I would never call you worthless." 

Charles turned back to him, wincing when he had used his bad arm. "B-but I am.." Charles paused. "H-how did you-?" 

"You projected your dream to me, I'm assuming by accident. And you are not worthless."

"I feel like I am." 

"That person in your dream is wrong. That dream-version of me is wrong. You have worth, Charles. You are worth it." 

"How do you know? We've known each other for about a day and half of the day I've been passed out." 

"I just know." Erik replied. 

Charles gave a sigh and looked around. "Where are we?" 

"Welcome to the mutant's hospital part of the RWG headquarters. Where we train to use our mutations."