A Note

The King led Erik out to the hallway. "Yes father?" Erik asked, nervous for what his father was going to say. 

"I don't think you should trust this Charles. Hey. Hear me out." The king started. Erik crosses his arms, his eyes narrowing. 

"He claims to be a telepath. Telepaths all go bad. If they aren't 'bad' then they are at least edgy. And what if he is a spy? For the Other Royal? And we had a battle. You would have to face him. Son, I wouldn't even be able to do that. I know the way you look at him. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you with his type." 

Erik opened his mouth to respond. The king snapped. "You will not interact with Charles Xavier." Erik looked hurt but nodded, obeying his controlling father. 

You see, King Alexander is a Mesmer. This means he's a type of hypnotists in a way. He uses his mutation to  control his civilians and sons. Alexander would always make the subject forget what had happened. He forgot to do that one step only once. To his own brother Jason. Jason found out the Alexander was a fraud and left to form a new group in which everyone under Alexander's rule thought of them as the villains.  

"Go up to your bedroom." Erik obeyed and went upstairs. Alexander nodded, satisfied. He turned back and went into the throne room where everyone else was. "Erik went up to his room and wishes to be undisturbed," the king announced as he entered the room. 

Charles nodded, thinking Erik didn't want to hang out with him. Raven was the only one who understood. "May we be excused, I would like to show Charles the garden." 

The king nodded and let them exit. Hank watched the two go, wanting to join them but knew better of it. 

Raven led Charles out of the room. "Let's go find Erik" she said once they were out of earshot. Charles looked slightly confused but nodded. "But- doesn't he want to be left alone?" Charles asked, his voice cracking. 

Raven grabbed the younger boy's shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "I've known Erik for thirteen years. He is my closest friend. I love him even if he doesn't feel the same. I know when Erik loves someone. He wouldn't abandon someone he loves." Raven took a breath. "I see how you look at him. I see how he looks at you. I know what love is." 

Charles nodded again. "Lead the way." Raven smiled and started out towards Erik's bedroom. She knew the path to get there. 

What? She was there whenever Erik got hurt. (Which was a lot) Erik would wait for healers to come in his room and Raven would sit with him. 

Raven cared a lot about the prince. Too much. She knew she was three years older than him. That's why she went with Erik's brother. Raven found she loved Hank as well as Erik. Hank and Raven started to go out, although not officially dating. Not yet. 

— 

Erik say on the edge of his bed, waiting desperately for his father's spell to ware off. Every other time, his father cast the spell on him, Erik would go into a trance and only remember seeing beautiful spirals. But not this time. This time, Erik was fully aware of what was going on. He just had no control over what he would say or what he would do. 

Erik heard a knock on the door. He didn't bother responding. He knew the pattern of knocking. Raven. 

Sure enough, Raven opened the door and walked in. She had a fierce look on her face. The usually soft features of her face, had disappeared and she had a serious look in her eyes. "What the fuck was that?" She asked. "You ran off without saying goodbye to anyone. Not even Charles. That was full on rude. And ignorant. He loves you." 

'No he doesn't' a familiar voice said in Erik's head. 'And you don't love him.' Erik, with no control, shook his head at Raven. "I don't love him. Neither you," Erik spat. Raven crossed her arms. 

"We came to that agreement long ago. I said I love you. You said you loved me platonically and as a friend. Charles can be so much more."

"Charles is nothing. He is worthless." Erik said sharply. 

//I wrote "sharply" and it autocorrected is to shark, I just thought y'all should know that my iPad is smart.\\

That's when Raven noticed the gleam in Erik's eye. Erik noticed that she noticed and grabbed her arm. Erik pulled Raven close forcing her to look at him. "You know what to do." Erik said as Alexander spoke through his own son. 

Raven nodded, the king's control taking the blue female's control for his own. Raven stood up and walked out to find Charles. 

As soon as the door closed, a flash appeared next to Erik. The flash disappeared and a letter was in it's spot. 

Erik. 

Welcome to our side. I know you chose. I'm a telepath. Our plans are starting and we need you to help us continue. You chose the right side. 

Welcome to your correct home. 

Meet me outside of your castle. We are preparing for attack. Join us now or die with the rest.

Your new sister, 

Emma. 

Erik nodded. He knew what to do. 

— 

Charles was listening to Raven and Erik's conversation from the door. He had convinced Raven that he couldn't talk to Erik and she had to do it. He knew that Raven would convince Erik. 

He would wince whenever he heard Erik speak harshly to Raven. As he listened, the conversation got worse. 

"I don't love him"

"-Charles is nothing." 

"He is

Wo 

Rth

Less."

Charles had a feeling he meant it. His dream was right. Erik thought he was worthless. He took a pained breath and turned and ran away from Erik's room and the awful conversation that was happening within it. 

— 

Raven stepped out, the spark in her eye. She looked left and then right. Where was Charles? Fuck it. Raven turned and went left, to find Hank. But she was stopped two seconds later when a guard grabbed her. "We need to get you to safety. There's an attack on the castle" the guard explained in a feminine voice. 

Erik stopped suddenly as he heard a knock. "Prince Erik, are you in there? There's an attack on the castle!"

Erik stayed silent and the guard moved on. 

Then Erik felt his freedom return and he had one thought. 

Charles.