⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ two.

⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ ✧ ⋆ 。˚ ⋆

CHAPTER TWO: MERCURY

❛for the ambitious ones.❜

⋆ ✧ ⋆

THE charming melody of swift motion and occasional yelling breaks the peaceful silence of an abandoned and dark alley. For the three inseparable companions, it is yet another typical night in the city of London.

Beatrice's sword gleams in the silver moonlight as her breathing pattern eases and becomes more regular. Beatrice recalls that it has been a bad idea to agree to Jem and Will's suggestion of "taking a walk and just strolling around the town". "It would be fun," she remembers their exact words, but obviously nothing is ever as simple and sweet as their young, cunning tongues make it out to be. Perhaps their pleads sounded innocent, but they were far away from the essential meaning of the word.

Perhaps they just have a different definition of the word 'fun'. Beatrice doesn't know, but she could place a bet, investing every single penny she owned, that there is something dangerous awaiting for them. After all, the trouble always seems to follow the parabatai pair.

Oh, and she is more than right, again.

Her charcoal gaze follows every single movement of theirs, admiring the grace and speed, confidence and fierceness that graces each action of the boys she considers her best friends, brothers even. There is something beyond beautiful in the way that they complete each other and it isn't just because they are bound by runes and oaths. Words are not accurate and good enough to describe the way they dangerously dance around their opponent, looking at it as if it is a prey and they are hunters more than ready to hunt it down.

Jem and Will fight the present demons with ease, stabbing their bodies as if they are made of nothing but thin air. One after another, the ugly creatures disappear from the alley, leaving nothing but pools of thick, black blood behind them.

Changing the world isn't something one or two persons can do, but if one asked Beatrice - Jem and Will were definitely on a good way to proving everyone wrong.

When it comes to a fight, Jem and Will always try to offer the demons an easy way out. Surrender. But of course, as they discussed many times before – those creatures seemed to possess no brains. Their only way out is a fight, one with no code and no honor. They recognize no negotiation and agree to no fair fighting. They are cruel and more than ruthless. In the end, all that they desire is a win.

"Watch out, Fairchild!" Will yells, signaling the upcoming danger strolling her way.

As soon as she processes the words that leave the boy's mouth, Beatrice inspects her surroundings, her eyes searching for the intruder of peace.