⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ three.

⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ ✧ ⋆ 。˚ ⋆

CHAPTER THREE: VENUS

❛for lovers.❜

⋆ ✧ ⋆

⋆  ✧  ⋆

FLEET Street in London has been unusually crowded, considering the time of the year. Though ice-cold, white snowflakes fall from the cloudy sky, a large crowd of elegantly dressed people begins gathering on the former site of the Church of All-Hallows-The-Less, which was – unfortunately – destroyed in the Great Fire of London centuries ago.

To any passerby, it may have looked odd. What are people belonging to a higher class doing in front of a ruin? However, what that naïve passerby doesn't understand is the fact that an exquisite building is hidden beneath a thing called glamour. A building known as London Institute.

Allured by the scent of freshly baked Christmas cakes mixed with the pleasant smell of candle lights, Shadowhunters from all around Britain take a lingering gaze towards the door which opens with a sound of slightly unpleasant creaking. Warm and more than welcoming smiles of Charlotte and Henry Branwell wish everyone a 'Merry Christmas' as hands are being shaken.

Much like in most other Institutes, the images of Raziel are depicted in several parts of the building, welcoming all the guests and making them feel as if they have just arrived home.

Agatha, Sophie and Thomas – the Institute's most loyal servants and friends – are quick on their feet, taking it upon themselves to escort the valuable members of the Shadowhunter world to the Sanctuary where the annual Christmas party is to be hosted. They, however, cannot help themselves but glance at the elegant and most colorful robes that people are wearing; the royalty among the Angel kind is something to be admired.

As they navigate through the maze of corridors, a large crowd finally comes to a halt. Their pupils are dilated and their lips slightly parted as the eyes of the angelic creatures inspect the room before them.

As soon as they enter the Sanctuary of the London Institute, a soft melody playing in the background greets them as the wine is being offered to every single one of the guests in hope that they would loosen their tongues and enjoy in the celebration of the upcoming year.

Everyone thinks that it is very thoughtful and nice of the Branwells to stick to the tradition of organizing London's annual Christmas parties. It is one of the rare nights when the Shadowhunters can forget all about their problems and real life worries and just let themselves chatter and dance till their feet can't handle standing anymore.