Ch. 5

As they ate, Adrien had to take calming breaths as he tried not to over react to much. Simple things like him slouching had him suddenly remember lessons. This causing him to spring into a proper posture. Selina saw these things but didn't comment. Only gave him understanding glances. When they were putting away the dishes Adrien decided to do them.

"Oh, you don't worry about a thing, I'll have the maid take care of it in the morning. Now wanna watch a movie before bed?"

An invitation to be together more, not only a nice normal dinner. To be able to be close to someone else and let go. He could relax around Selina, Adrien finally realized that. Adrien didn't have to be the perfect son to be with Selina. It was then that Adrien couldn't help himself. He hugged her right then and there. Selina was wide eyed but soon enough melted into the hug. Adrien was shaking and small sobs came from him.

"Oh kitten, it's alright, it's over, you can begin a new life now, as your own person. It's ok, let it all out, because from now on, things will only get better."

Adrien nodded, worries soothed by her words. He sniffled as she brought him over to the living space. She wrapped him in a blanket and left to make popcorn. As he waited and decided on the movie, Plagg came out.

"Hey, how are you liking it so far?"

Adrien smiled and looked around him.

"I feel, like I'm finally somewhere where I can be free. No more of that prison or Him. I, I'm happy Plagg. For the first time in a while."

Plagg nodded and gave his holder a pat. Even with the delights of going to school, he felt trapped these past few months.

"Good, because I'm proud of you kid. It takes a lot out of someone to accept help. I know you still don't think it was a lot of abuse, but your father, no that man who raised you? He had no right to be a guardian."

Adrien nodded but paused.

"Plagg, I don't want to be like hawkmoth who uses his miraculous for evil and harms his kwami-"

Pllagg scoffed.

"Have you heard of the term Vigilante? You can be that, or even just a thief. Did you know my past holders haven't always been heroes."

Adrien blinked in surprise at that. He assumed that all miraculous holders were heroes.

"I promise all that comes to happen, I'm sticking by you."

Adrien smiled at that and finally chose a movie his friends spoke of him watching. That reminded him, he had to go to school again.

"Hey, a classic, what's on your mind kitten?"

Selina asked seeing the look on his face. She faced him once she set down the popcorn.

"What about school?"

Selina winced at that.

"I wanted to tell you after the movie, but with the way we want things to happen, I think you have to switch schools."

Adrien was shocked at that.

"I won't lie Adrien, it would be dangerous with you going back to DuPont. Not only do you have things like Chloé at that school, but plenty of press know where you go to school. We don't want this too public. Not until we have everything to get you to stay safe here."

Selina told him, with all everything at face value. She was blunt but she had a point. Adrien wanted to argue with her, but he understood where she was coming from.

"..my friends?"

Selina gave his hand a squeeze.

"Kitten, I'm not saying you can't see them, but they won't be there for your day to day life in school. I'm actually trying to transfer you to a nearby one."

Adrien nodded and Selina smiled at him.

"Thank you for understanding. I mean it, if you have a huge problem with it I promise to switch you back as soon as possible."

The two agreed and they went to watch the movie. Adrien found himself drifting into sleep. A warm hand rubbed his head gently.

"It's ok adrien, you can rest. You deserve it."

And with those soothing words Adrien slept comfortably with his new guardian. Selina smiled down at her new kitten. He deserved the world and more.

"I'm happy he met you." A small voice said.
Selina blinked at the small floating cat that hovered in front of her.

"I don't believe we've met, Selina."

The kwami before her gave her a smile.

"Plagg, you know, if I had the choice I think we could've been great together as kwami and user."

Selina chuckled quietly.

"Perhaps, but I think I do fine on my own as well. I never knew fate could bring me such luck either you know?"

Selina said peering down at Adrien's resting face. She was a alleycat by all means, but before hand, she was kicked out to the road. Her parents didn't want a imperfect child, and so Selina was kicked out of their lives for good. She knew the pressures of trying to live up to parents expectations and having to fit their perfect image. Selina wasn't so lucky to have someone help her. She had to learn to live on the streets of Gotham. It made her who she was today, and perhaps, if things were different. Selina would have been found by another person to get her on her feet. Selina paused in her thoughts as she got a text from a random number. It was from Natalie, asking for work from her. Selina smiled and responded back. She updated the assistant of Adrien's well-being and they decided to meet over lunch tomorrow.

"I think Adrien is going to love my little surprise tomorrow."

Plagg nodded with her, Adrien would love it. Natalie was the closest thing to a mother figure Adrien had growing up. They were always at a arms length due to his father, but Natalie was family to Adrien. Wether she felt the same or not, Adrien was close to her.