Ch. 16

He was there, before Chat could activate his power up. Before the betrayal and everything as they declared their bet. Viperion was faced with a healthy and safe chat noir. Not the pale and black veined image he saw as the user of the cat miraculous was dealt with a unfortunate hit of cataclysm.

"Ooh, I saw that face, you went back in time! Ha! You owe me a meal after the fight snake-"

Chat cut himself off as he saw the distraught look on Viperion face.

"What's the matter?"

Before anything else Viperion dived and pushed Chat out of the way. Thus ending up on top of him. Chat smiled up at him teasingly.

"My, my, you sure are forward. Sadly I'm taken."

Viperion stayed silent staring down at him, making sure he was alright. Chat easily realized what likely must have happened and gave him a pat. Softening his face to be sympathetic towards the snake hero.

"Thanks for saving me, must of been really hurt huh? Well let's deal with the Akuma and leave it for Lady bitch to clean up."

Viperion held chat back. His face flashing in anger before turning to a determined face.

"No, you were right, she is a liar. She doesn't respect me and she has no right being the holder of that miraculous."

Chat paused before turning to him. This Viperion wasn't the charming and calm guy he knows. It was someone who's gone through something horrible. The way Viperion holds himself and tries to block chat from the akuma. The way he looks almost haunted by something.

"What happened?"

Viperion looked at chat's chest remembering the core of the cataclysm was bloody and flaking. How ladybug could just take a look and decide it was unworthy of saving. She's ladybug, she doesn't get to decide and yet-

"..a realization I wish I had sooner. We can get this Akuma without her, what would happen if you were to use cataclysm on it."

Chat blinked but actually thought that out. He's never done it before or thought about it, No akuma means no akumatization so technically he could purify the victim that way. There's still some stuff to think about it still.

"Then how am I supposed to destroy it so it can come out?"

Viperion smiled and looked at the Akumatized item. A item on their wrist. He's already got a plan now. Only took about 18 tries.

"Leave it to me kitty."

With that Viperion leaped at the Akuma kicking them to the ground. Knocking them back to the alley way and used the nearby benches to hold down their enormous arms. The momentary pause was enough for Viperion to end up cracking the item and breaking it open. Chat ran up activating his cataclysm.

"Lets clean you up butterfly!"

Chat destroying the Akuma and flakes fell off the purple Akuma making it white. Chat noir gasped and Viperion was bit in awe. Ladybug really wasn't as needed as they thought. Or at least, her cleansing power. It was there the victim was revealed and Chat helped them up.

"It's ok, just, maybe next time try finding better friends or people who understand you."

The girl nodded and gave her thanks. Ladybug finally arrived but she was livid.

"I don't know what game you're playing, but I'm tired of it! Cleansing that Akuma? How did you do it?"

Viperion glared coldly at her, ladybug was too focused on Chat to notice. Chat scoffed and looked at his claws.