Ch.8

With that she hung up. Selina wanted scream but took a calming breath. When she got out the room she saw Adrien staring at the tv frozen.

"What's wrong-oh that bitch."

'Coming live, a new Akuma attack has just happened and Ladybug is out with a new hero partner. Viperion, and the new duo seem better than ever. Reports are asking of what happened to Chat Noir but maybe we can find out more in the next attack."

Selina turned off the tv and gently pulled Adrien to her.

"She barely waited a few days, and already replaced me."

Was all he said and he leaned into her embrace. Selina rubbed his back and Adrien pulled back a bit.

"...I wanna meet this new hero, and I wanna see how he's dealing with her now. No one should have to go through what I did."

Selina smiled down at him proud. Of course Adrien wouldn't get jealous, if anything, he feels pity for whoever has to be a partner to ladybug.

"Then let's head out tonight. I think a small heist is in order. After all, we can get those ladybug jewels now that they think everything is safe."

Adrien nodded and transformed.

"By the way, are we throwing them away or-"
"oh we're totally going to trash the hell out of those little jewels. This is mostly practice kitten."

They scaled the rooftops, with Adrien sticking to the shadows. Easily sneaking in through the roof. What he didn't anticipate was a hidden camera. Adrien caught it in time to duck behind a wall.

"I see it, lets see what a little bit of tech can do."

Selina said throwing a small devices at the cameras. They hooked onto the camera and a small shock turned them off.

"Ok, we have only a few minutes until that reboots and sets off the alarm. Let's get going."

Adrien nodded and smashed the glass for the jewels. He was about to leave when he heard footsteps. Quickly sticking himself into a shadowed corner he used his night vision to see the threat. It was ladybug and her new partner.

"I knew it, someone is after the jewels, and it looks like they got them."

Viperion looked around the room.

"I don't think they left the building yet LB, we can still catch them."

Ladybug nodded and told him to look for more clues as she searched the other one. Adrien stayed silent until she left the room.

"Do you even know who you're working with?"

Viperion jumped and Adrien had to laugh. It was pretty cute and the serpent hero flushed.

"Not cool!"

Adrien walked forward dangling the jewels from his fingers.

"You know, she's so self centered. The only reason she chose you was because she didn't want me. Heck, I wasted my time on her. You shouldn't do that either, I'm sure you could be having a relaxing night tonight without her dragging you to some jewelry for something made for her."

Viperion stayed silent watching Adrien.

"Pretty quiet there, what, did she say something about little ol me?"

Viperion made a move and Adrien dodged keeping the jewels away from him.

"You pushed her off a building because she didn't return your feelings, pretty pathetic dude."

Adrien growled and punched the wall.

"Always about her! I respected her not accepting, what I went through for her is something that you'll soon understand. She doesn't care about us, she only cares if it gets her something. She won't respect you, she won't be there for you, but of course we have to be there for her. God forbid we stand up ladybug!"

Adrien said blocking a blow with his baton. Viperion had his eyes wide before he shook his head.

"You're lying, she said you're just some selfish prick who only whines about himself."

Adrien had enough of that. He pushed Viperion off him and held him against the wall.

"She's filling your head with lies, and if I'm so bad, how come I still have my miraculous, how come she didn't come get me for it. She doesn't care about you, but I do. So ditch her, she's the one who doesn't deserve a miraculous."

With that Adrien leaned up against Viperion's ear.

"If you want the truth, make sure she isn't just looking at your ear as she lies. After all, it's her tell."

Adrien activated his power move and slammed his hand next to viperions face.

"...Im not such a bad guy, if anything, the only reason she's still alive is because I still want to defeat hawkmoth. In my own way."

With that he pushed Viperion with the broken wall and left into the night. Catwoman came with him a few minutes later. She had a smirk and Adrien waited until they were home to ask.

"Oh, I just gave ladybug a nice lesson to never mess with a queens kitten."

Adrien paused before smiling on pleasure.

"Good, I got the jewels, pretty tacky if I'm being honest."

Selina nodded before bringing him to the patio.

"By the way, we are going to have morning yoga lessons here starting tomorrow. You're flexible enough but I notice you get stiff during some movements."

She handed him a mallet and Adrien set the jewels at the edge of the railing. With a swift movement he smashed them. Adrien put his hand down and had a hand on his hip.

"You know, I feel a lot better. I think that was my version of letting her go."

They got rid of the evidence and Adrien stayed out to look into the sky.

"Nice view huh?"

A voice said and Adrien turned to Viperion on the roof.

"Not surprised to see a hero huh?"

Adrien chuckled and shook his head.

"No, chat noir actually visited me a lot when I was with my father, even helped me get away from him."

Viperion tensed and Adrien waited to hear what he was about to say.

"...he's really not a bad guy huh?"

Adrien was shocked by this. He would've thought the hero would tell him to stay away from, well himself.

"No, I don't know what happened between him and ladybug but I'm kinda glad. Not to say they didn't make a good team, it's just, he seemed really upset whenever she'd brush him off. I didn't like it."

Viperion stared at him and just patted his shoulder.

"I wish I could tell you, but I don't think LB is telling me the whole story. Til we meet again my prince."

Adrien blushed at that but the hero already left.