4- Elsa

Please note: the story, from now on, takes place after the events of Frozen. But maybe just before Kristoff and Anna's wedding ;-)

"Are you OK, sis?" Anna asks.

I nod. It's almost winter (actual winter, not my winter) and he's still on my mind. Why hasn't he come back? Have I scared him off? What did I do wrong?

"Come and help me."

I turn round and see Anna struggle to do the zip on the back of a prospective wedding dress. I rush over and do it for her. We stand, together, in front of the mirror. Despite my heartache, I cannot help but smile. Anna just looks so beautiful. It was Mother's. I think she'd rather I wear it- and I might, if that Guardian turns up again- but I can almost feel her approval as it hangs off Anna's rather gangly frame.

"We'd have to alter it a touch." I remark, slightly alarmed at the amount of material under her arms. "But, Anna, it looks so beautiful."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Oh, Elsa." she turns to face me. "You're the best big sister ever!" She flings her arms around me and traps me in a rather awkward hug which I can't possibly return in case I dislocate my elbow or break my arm.

I hear his laugh.

Taking a deep breath, I tell myself to ignore him until I'm ready to talk to him and get Anna out of the room in the meantime.

"Would you like to show everyone downstairs?" I hopefully ask.

"I don't know."

"I think she should." Jack's arm rests on my shoulder.

"What?" I turn to look at him.

"Elsa, what's wrong?"

I then remember that Anna can't see him. "Nothing. I thought I heard something."

"You did." Jack protests.

"Excuse me." I dash to the loo. Jack follows me and shuts the door.

"Jack." I whisper. "You came back for me?"

"I couldn't stand not being with you."

"Listen, that's really sweet of you, but this is an awkward-"

"I know, I know. I like to make you awkward. It's cute."

"Please. I really need to do this for Anna."

"That was Anna?"

"What did you expect?"

"A bit... fuller."

I sharply slap him. "Say what you want about me but don't you dare criticise my sister!"

"OK, OK, I'm sorry. Jeez, that hurt." he rubs his cheek, which has reddened and left marks to show the gaps between my fingers.

"Why don't you wait in my room?" I unlock the door. "We can talk properly there."

"What do you mean?"

"I talk to myself in my room all the time. No-one will suspect anything."

"Fine." his eyes gleam with boyish mischief as he leaves the toilet. "You'll pay for this."

Oh great. A ransack of my side of the bedroom. Just what I don't need.

I rush back to the dressing room. Anna folds her arms and frowns at me.

"Sorry." I sheepishly grin. "The urge came rather unexpectedly... can we move on?"

"Hi." I hear heavy footsteps on the stairs and immediately know it's Kristoff.