8- Elsa

"Looks like it's just the two of us." Jack softly whispered.

"I doubt it, there's always someone around."

He frowns at me.

It's true! In the corridors surrounding my office, there's always someone waiting with something to pounce on me when I have a free moment.

I carry on writing for a few minutes, expecting the door to open.

Clunk. Clunk. Clunk-clunk-clunk. Clunk. Clunk. Clunk-clunk-clunk.

"Can you please stop banging your heels against the table?" I irritably snap.

Jack does but I feel his glare as I finish off a very important letter to the King of Oslo regarding a lost herd of moose from his kingdom turning up on the outskirts of Arendelle.

"Look, do you want the King of Oslo to get his moose back, or not?"

He flares his nostrils at me.

"What do you want?"

He slides off the desk. Deciding he's in a funny mood, I write an envelope to go with the letter and address it to the King, ensuring it's in the post rack, ready for tomorrow.

A rustling distracts me from me next job of sternly corresponding to the King and Queen of the Southern Isles with some parenting tips. I glance up and find, to my horror, Jack draped across my secondary desk, all papers on it thrown into chaos all around. To make things worse, he has no clothes. They're on the floor too.

"Jack!" I exclaim, not sure where to look. I go over and concentrate on getting the papers into some form of order, ignoring his adorable laugh.

There's a knock on the door. "Elsa, are you in there?"

I can't say no to Anna. I thump Jack rather hard in the ribs and mutter, "Get some clothes on!" before partially opening the door.

"Can I come in?"

"Jack's not decent."

"Oh..."

"NO!" I get the message from her raised eyebrows. I glance back and find he's pulling a moony at me. "Grow up, Jack!"

"I'm permanently 17, remember?" he flies over and lands beside me.

"Ew!" Anna cringes.

I shut the door on him and step outside. "I'm sorry about that, he's in a weird mood tonight. What's wrong?"

"The head of the Arendelle Guard has confessed he's not entirely sure that they've driven Hans back entirely."

"There could be another attack?"

"Yes."

"OK." I start to tremble with fear. "Is it imminent?"

"As soon as. Hans has got to find his army first."

"True." I laugh, relaxing. "A few days of peace, tops?"

"Tops. Maybe even sooner."

"We ought to inform the citizens of Arendelle and encourage them to take up arms, at least for their own safety."

"I thought you didn't condone war."

"Neither did I. But, then again, my kingdom wasn't being attacked."

Anna sadly laughs. "Touché. I'm going to bed, it's getting late. Will you be up?"

"Fairly soon. I'll try not to wake you."

"OK."

We hug and I go back into my office to find Jack dressed, draped over my actual desk, having organised everything around it.