7- Jack

A faint noise erupts from the horizon. It sounds like chanting and marching.

"It's starting." Anna whispers.

I am reminded again of my failure. I start shaking and sweating.

"Jack, this isn't the best time to have a meltdown. Come with me..." Elsa takes my hand and guides me to the bathroom.

Having calmed me out of hysterics, Elsa sits me quietly on her bed, listening to the sound of doom getting closer and closer. I bet she's been fighting the urge to join her soldiers.

"What happened?" she ruefully sighs.  "Yesterday, I had a stable kingdom. Yesterday, our lives weren't in danger. Yesterday, my biggest problem was that I had fallen madly in love with a boy that only I could see. Yesterday..."

"Forget what happened yesterday." I keep a tight grip on her hand. "This is today."

There's whistling of artillery shells and explosions of cannons. A man and a reindeer come through the door and head straight for Anna.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Kristoff, Anna's fiancé, and Sven, his pet reindeer."

"Pet reindeer?"

"I know. Don't ask."

"Oh, Anna!"

They passionately kiss and fall onto the bed.

Elsa very loudly clears her throat. Blushing, they stop and return to sitting on Anna's bed.

"Sorry. So, um, Anna, are you OK?"

"I'm fine."

I nervously watch Elsa. She starts to tremble as she fears for her sister's life. A thin coat of ice covers the bedsheets. I remove it before she notices.

Kristoff and Anna continue talking while the screams and shouts of battle get closer and closer to the castle.

"Hush!" Elsa suddenly orders. The room falls silent. We hear two foreign voices outside. I dash across the room. There they are, right underneath the window. Two Southern Isles soldiers, chatting and laughing.

It's alright for some.

Frieda rushes in, her face pale. "Your Majesty, the castle has fallen."

"What?"

"The troops and guards could not halt the Southern Isles forces. We are surrounded."

I squeeze her hand tighter, the look of horror and terror on her face unbearable. My lips brush against her cheek and I softly whisper: "Everything will be OK."

"Hello!" We hear Hans break through the palace door. I follow Elsa down the stairs as she angrily confronts him.

"What is this about, Hans? I declared none of this." she hotly exclaims.

"We've been looking for an expansion for a while. Our population is booming. Arendelle will do nicely."

"What have we ever done to you?"

"I had a chance for glory. A chance to rule and fulfill my destiny. You removed that chance." he snarls at her. She pulls her shoulders back, not intimidated in the slightest.

"Halt the troops."

He laughs. "I'm sorry."

She shoots an icicle and holds it just in front of his throat. "Halt, or I let go."

"You wouldn't."

"I would." she gently inches it closer. "If it meant that my kingdom was safe and the invasion would stop, then I would happily slice your throat."