chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mama hurry" i called behind me as we walked towards the leaky cauldron. I had finally convinced my parents to come with me to Diagon Alley. My parents couldn't see it so i led the way. Once inside the pub, i pulled my parents out the back of the place before anyone noticed me. All summer every wizard i passed asked me questions about where i was for the past 10 or 11 years, I couldn't tell them because it would put my parents in danger from Voldemort's followers. Yes i said the name because he didnt scare me anymore.

I pulled out my wand and tapped the breaks in the wall. The wall slid apart and my dad stared along with my mom in wonder. I pulled them down the street towards where i told Hermione i would meet her, in front of Florish and Blotts. We waited only a couple minutes before i heard her coming, Harry right behind her. I smiled and hugged them both.

" Hello Harry and Hermione" i greeted.

" Hello Haylee" the chimed back and i shhed them looking around hoping no one heard them luckily the street was empty and i sighed.

" i've had no privacy all summer. Every time i leave the house im hounded with questions, how do they even know where i live." i asked we walked into the bookstore filled with people. I Stayed near the back hiding near a pile of books, while my parents got my books. We had already gotten the money from Gringotts. As i waited i noticed Draco upstairs and smiled at him he smiled back and walked down the stairs hugging me.

" Hello Draco, i thought we agreed that my brother wasn't to know, and we would keep it a secret " i asked and he chuckled" don't worry, they wont find out. Besides why do you care if anyone finds out" he asked.

" i don't want my brother mad at you, plus im a Gryffindor, don't want to ruin the Slytherin prince's Reputation" i laughed lightly punching his arm. He laughed with me then went back up the stairs. I rolled my eyes waiting for my parents. I heard people cheering and rolled my eyes some more. Gildroy Lockheart, was book signing today. I knew that he was nothing but a liar and a person who cared about nothing but himself.

My parents came over to me my dad holding my books and my mom holding a stack of spell books that i had not told her to get. I sighed and shook my head.

" really mom" i laughed

" what, you already know this years spells" she pointed out raising an eyebrow at me. I shrugged just as mr. and mrs. Weasley came over.

" hello Haylee, dear" she greeted i nodded" hello Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley"

" come along Haylee dear, before your mother falls over from the books she's carrying" i waved goodbye to Harry.

" see you on september 1 Harry" my parents walked out of the store but i was stopped by a cane blocking my way. I looked up to see the cold eyes of Mr. Malfoy.

" leaving so soon Miss potter" i glared at him. He might be Draco's father but i didn't like him. I just got a bad feeling from him. " the ministry is very curious, to where have you been for the past 11 years"

" its not Potter, even if that is the last name i was born with. Im a walters, and i don't have to answer any questions, Mr. Malfoy" then i pushed past him and after my parents. I found them waiting in front of the break wall my father scratching his head and i laughed pulling out my wand. I walked over tapping the bricks. My father smiled and gave me a one shoulder hug as we walked.

" this year is going to be different, i can feel it" i told my parents as we walked home, not knowing how right I was.