chapter 8 - the diary's temptaion

Chapter 8

Over the next few days, i heard nothing but talk about The chamber of secrets. I already knew the legend and Hermione kept wanting me to tell her about it but i refused, even Harry and ron wanted to know. I just kept it to myself, if they wanted to know, they would have to read about it. I was not a human encyclopedia. Sense i finished my homework early, i spent my free time either in the library with Hermione or down by the lake staring at the diary. It was like it was calling to me, but i resisted the temptation to write in it. If i wrote in it, i would be left open to him and Ginny had told me it was like being possessed by him.

I sat in the back of Professor Binns class, our only ghost teacher. I was hardly paying attention even if i already knew this. That was until i saw Hermione raise her hand, my mouth dropped open as she asked him about the Chamber of secrets. I ignored what he was saying and sighed. When class ended i was the first person out of the room. I rushed up to the common room dropped off my books then went to dinner.

Only to be stopped by Lockhart. When he saw he smiled" hello miss potter" he greeted and i rolled my eyes the put on a fake smile

" hello Professor" i said through my teeth, i tried to go around him but he grabbed my arm. On reflex i flipped him. He looked dazed." sorry Professor,its a reflex" i said inoccently.he stood up rubbing his head and chuckled.

" that's alright, miss potter." i glared" its walters, not potter" i muttered to myself, walking away from him and into the Great Hall. I sat down in between Fefe and Hermione. Fefe glanced at me and smiled then went back to eating her chicken and potatoes with gravy. Hermione looked at me as i put the gravy on my plate.

" you don't think its true do you, Haylee. The legend of chamber" she asked. I sighed and closed my eyes.

" i don't know what to believe anymore, Hermione. Before my 10th birthday, i didn't believe in magic, i thought i knew who i was. Just a normal girl that didn't look like her parents. Then my 10th birthday came and my whole life changed." i said then went back to my meal. Hermione gave me a sad look. As i ate i thought about my real mother. After dinner i went to the library and started reading about quidditch. As i read i hummed the tune i remembered from when i was a baby.

I finished the book, and put it back on the shelf. I walked back to the common room and sat at one of the tables in the corners of the room. Before i could stop my self i pulled out the diary and began to write

(Tom)
(Haylee)

So you finally decided to write to me

Not willing, you big creep

But your the one with the quill in your hand

What are you planning Tom

Now that would ruin the surprise

Tell me or ill destroy the diary,Tom

The diary cant be destroyed, Haylee. Like me it lives on

Then ill throw it in the black lake

That wont work either, little girl

Why did you do this to Ginny

She thought it was nothing more then a simple diary

You used her, tom

But now im done with her, its your turn, Haylee. She did just what i thought she would, asked you for help.

Why me

I need your help, Haylee

If i refuse

Would you rather i went back to Ginny

Fine, what do you want me to do

Keep writing to me, do as i say and Ginny wont be harmed

Goodnight Tom riddle

And to you Haylee potter

I closed the book and put it back in my bag.