chapter 15

Chapter 15

The last couple days of the school year went quickly, I tried to figure out what it meant but with no success. After Corith was was un-petrified we celebrated by taking a picture down by the lake. We sat in the tree while Harry took the picture for us, just as he snapped the picture Goldie flew down hitting me in the face with a letter. I fell backwards out of the tree landing on my back. I didn't break anything but I did chase, goldie toward the castle.

" Goldie, I'm going to turn you into a pillow case" I yelled chasing her down the hallway. I jumped over professor flitwick and he ducked.

" sorry, professor" I called as I turned a corner" Goldie come back here, you silly little bird"

I ran past Mcgonagall, who jumped out of the way as I slide past her. " Goldie, come back. Where you going" she flew towards the great hall, which was empty, except for Fred and George. She landed on the ceiling and I glared up at her. " Goldie when I get up there your so in for it" I sighed as Fred walked over with a smile on his face.

" hello Haylee, owl trouble" I nodded and shook my head." I don't know what's gotten into her, she flies away from me, and throws letters in my face like she hates me or I'm a stranger to her."

" how long have you had her" he asked

" a year almost two , the shop owner said that she wouldn't go near anyone but me and him. Now im not so sure." i sighed. Goldie flew down and landed on the table in front of us." how long has she been acting like this, he asked. I laughed" what are you an owl expert" he laughed with me

" no,just curious" i started thinking back to when she started doing this and i realized something. I sat down in front of her." you miss them, don't you Goldie"

Almost as if she could understand me, she responded with her little coo. I smiled and petted her feathers." i miss them too,"

" ill see you later, Haylee" i nodded to Fred as he left with George. When they were gone i looked at Goldie then sang my mothers song.

Close your eyes, my Haylee dear
Make a wish and smile
If your lucky it will come true
If it doesn't, keep on wishing
Keep on dreaming
Magic is real as long as you believe
Take my hand, hold it tight
Ill always be here with you

I stopped the song, not sure if anyone was listening. I looked around but didn't see anyone so i continued

The wise old owl told the east" there is nothing greater then knowledge"
The brave little lion told the south" there are many kinds of courage"
The loyal little badger told the west" be loyal to, not yourself but to your friends"
And his friend the sly snake told the north" power is greatest thing in the world if controlled"

Four gifts were given
The lion a sword
The badger a cup
The owl a crown
But the snake's was never found, though they say those who speak his language simply had to look for his symbol.

I sighed and closed my eyes but continued, i knew that Goldie wouldn't tell.

You my Haylee, are worthy of all
A wise mind like the owl
A brave heart like the lion
Your loyalty is as great as the badger himself
But also i see ambition and that will lead the way

Your future is unclear
but i know its bright
My little Haylee, ill watch you grow but from
Another view, look after him and tell no one
The true story of Hogwarts four
The dark will seek it but your memory will hide it
Keep it safe, and when the time comes follow the clues
They will lead you through history and what must be.

" oh Goldie, what does it mean" i laid my head on the table and sighed" what story, how can a song tell a story. Its ridiculous" i stood up and started pacing. I talked to Goldie because i knew she understood, even if she couldn't talk." 'the dark' its has to be talking about Voldemort and the 'him' is Harry. But the Hogwarts four." i stopped pacing and looked at Goldie, she was still sitting there listening." the snake, is Slytherin, and the gift he was given is the chamber of secrets, but, Ravenclaw isn't a owl, its a raven. I must be going crazy, im talking to an owl for crying out loud" she just blinked at me and i sighed aggravated.

" ' my memory will hide it' hide what, what story was she talking about and what clues." i heard foot steps behind me and i turned to see Dumbledore. I smiled" hello Headmaster" i greeted and he smiled" hello, miss potter, i thought i heard someone in here. Who are talking to"

" just Goldie, she seems to listen and understand me, better then anyone. Im also trying put clues together but it seems im not getting anywhere." i sat down next to Goldie at the table and petted her.

" and what clues would those be, miss potter" he asked sitting down himself

" im not sure yet myself. I've only figured out three clues but they are not very helpful. It has something to do with the founders of Hogwarts, their history but i've read every history book on them and come up with nothing."

" hmm" was all he said

" i know part of it has something to do with the sword of Gryffindor, the crown of Ravenclaw, the cup of hufflepuff and the Chamber of secrets, but it also tells of Ravenclaw as an owl, so im not so sure. what do you think, headmaster"

" even i don't know the answer, the crown and cup were lost years ago. The sword pops up where it wants or when its needed. The chamber is still new and has only been opened twice, that i know of, sense its creation. The owl is very wise like most students in ravenclaw but as the head of Ravenclaw, very strange, very strange indeed. What other clues have you found"

" its mentions' the dark' but i know that's Voldemort and ' him' which is harry, but there is one part i don't understand, ' tell no one the true story of Hogwarts four'. What true story, i only know that they built one of the best wizarding schools there is, what other story could there be."

" then i guess, there is more to the story then the world knows" was all he said as he stood up and walked out of the Great hall" never stop looking miss potter, maybe you'll find something great" he called over his shoulder. I sighed and hit my head on the table" Goldie, if only i knew where my mother heard the song, then i could figure it out" i mumbled as i walked toward, Snape's office, with her on my shoulder.

The letter she had given me told me i was to spend the summer with him, this was going be a very strange summer. 'Yes indeed' i thought walking to the dungeon where Snape stood waiting with my luggage, which was brought down by one of the Gryffindors. We stepped into the fire place and were off in a blaze of green flames.