Two

Today was an odd day.

Shukaku was certainly..restless.

Gaara couldn't focus, never sitting in one spot for too long. He would just get up and leave in the middle of a conversation.

Not that it was too important. It was only his cacti he was talking to, and cacti would never judge him too harshly.

Temari was busy today, and Kankuro was still too afraid to be within 15 feet of him.

Once the clock struck 4:17 PM, Shukaku seemed to lose all control.

GET UP DIPSHIT SHE'S ALMOST HERE.

'What are you talking about, Trash Panda?'

First of all, ow, and second, STAND UP, SMOOTH YOUR HAIR GOD IT LOOKS TERRIBLE, WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!?

Gaara flinched. Shukaku was fucking crazy, and it kind of hurt to be insulted over his attire and be practically screamed at in his mind.

God, kids these days. So sensitive! Whatever. Just get ready and go outside, onto the street. Just stay very still.

'Are you trying to get me run over? Because I would be that mad if you were honest with me.'

No. What the fuck, kid. You're gonna meet someone..very... special.

'That's not ominous at all.'

::

4:19 PM

'What is the point of this?'

Shut up and be patient.

Gaara grumbled curses incoherently, but it wasn't long until something strange started to happen.

In front of him, it was as if someone cut open the air and in it's place was a portal. It was dark, and glowing.

Gaara stumbled back a bit as Shukaku continued to lose his shit.

A body tumbled out of the portal.

4:20 PM

"What's up, motherfuckers. Ellie has entered the chat."

She's here.

::

Gaara stared at the odd girl. She had brown-ish red hair, reaching about her shoulders. She was tall, and wore a red jacket.

She had begun spouting weird nonsense since she stood up, things such as: "Smoke grass, eat ass," and "What up I'm Jared, I'm 19 and I never learned how to fucking read."

'She makes me feel almost normal.'

Within his mind, Shukaku grinned excitedly.

I know. Insane, right?

"So." Gaara began awkwardly. Ellie payed him no mind. "What do you like to do?"

"Your mom." She replied easily, twirling a knife with her fingers.

Gaara shook his head. "My mom's dead. So you mean my dad."