friend zoned

"Not helpin Al"

Angel said in an annoyed tone. The bar they sat in was currently vacant so it didn't take long to see what he was alluding to. "Well I beg your pardon you got yourself into this mess you get yourself out of it". Alastor shot back as he took a sip of his whine. "It must be quiet a handsome young lad  seeing how your bending over backwards like this " the deer demon said as slowly began drinking out of his whine glass.

"Actually she's pretty insane"

Alastor nearly choked on his whine. Even coughing some up some as he did his best to keep his smile on and his poise firm though that didn't help his immediate confusion. She was he hearing him wright? The radio host cleared his throat and spoke up "I'm sorry she? I hadn't realized you were refereeing to a young miss" he said sounding more calm this time. Trying to savor the cold beverage in his hand "yeah well ya know Vags...." . "Pphhtt!"
THAT was unexpected to say the least. Alastor quickly took a moment to process what was going on he had nothing against it in fact he was some what thrilled at the thought of Angel finally keeping his hands to himself. A little shocked as all but thrilled none the less but then feeling of confusion soon took hold. "Eh? You and miss Vaggie are always at odds with each other? Are you not?". "Yeah well it just ain't right seein her upset" Angel replied. "I thought you enjoyed seeing her miserable?" The deer demon said casually.

A look of confusion and utter discuss was painted all over Angel's face. Was this really how people saw them. Sure he thought it was fun to toy with her emotions sometimes but he took absolutely no pleasure out of seeing her like this. "Look I know me and Vags are always at each other's throats aight but Dat don't mean i'm happy she's heartbroken.... " he said his tone serious yet distraught. "Well this is awfully depressing."
Alastor said getting up from his chair. "Hey where the Hell are you going?!". Angel called out "I'm leaving I came down stairs for a drink not a sob story".  'Asshole' the spider demon mumbled under his breath as the radio host began to walk away. "Well can ya at least help figure somethin out?". Alastor stoped at the door and smiled. "Well if you want to spend with her that badly why not just go for it. That's what I did it. and it worked wonders". Angel sighed "Dats cuz you and Charlie are practically two sides of da same coin. Me and Vags are way too different".

"Then why not do something she enjoys for a once. A quiet night in would certainly be a nice change of pace"

Angel blinked a few times this could actually work. But at the same time fear was crawling its way into his thoughts. But replied in this usual over the top and dramatic voice. "Dats cute but do you even know who I am? I'm Angel mother fuckin dust and bein' all soft and mushy would completely destroy my- " "your reputation?" Alastor cut through the spider demon's dialogue with his signature smile. "Funny you still care about that old thing but tell me?" He turned and took a step closer.

"Is that really what your trying to protect?"

Angel froze. His gaze was unnerved but said nothing. Alastor give one last smile before turning away and leaving the spider demon alone with nothing  but the silence and his own thoughts. Deep down what the tyrant had said really resonated with him. And he'd never have the strength to admit it. A secret he took to his grave. The fear of getting close to someone becoming vulnerable. Letting your walls down and letting that person get to know the real you. Wasn't and easy feat. But it's seems that their was no other option.

Meanwhile Vaggie was crying her eyes out in her room. the door locked up tight. She knew this wasn't healthy. She couldn't let herself be isolated like this. But who would she turn to. Who would listen. She wasn't going to make fuss about this it's nearly been a year and she still kept torturing herself like this. What Charlie and Alastor had was completely unexpected but that doesn't mean it wasn't real. A part of her mind wanted to believe that Alastor was up to something that he had something horrible up his sleeve but her heart wanted believed that though some miracle he had changed. that he was happy .that Charlie was happy and if anyone could melt Alastor's ice cold heart it was her. enviably her feelings got the better of her and she knew that Charlie was satisfied. And that was enough but guilt soon came over her and she felt awful about what she had said to Angel earlier. Maybe he really was just trying to be a good friend.

"Knock knock heh Vags ya their?"

Vaggie heard his voice from the other side of the door. And began having second thoughts these two have a history of arguing over almost anything, verbally sparring with each other despite her tolerants. How ever her feelings of guilt gave in and she finally walks up the door refusing to open it. She didn't want him to see her like this. "What do you want?" She sniffed. Her voice cracking a bit. Angel sighed "Vags I know I'm da last person but just hear from but just... Let me in pls...". Vaggie had always been conscious of Angel and his tricks but this time he actually sounded genuine. She put her hand on the knob and though hesitant opened the door.

"Hey!"

Angel said. He was holding a blanket, a pillow, microwavable popcorn and the basic necessities of any good slumber party. Vaggie stood at door way with her arms crossed as if waiting for an explanation. The spider demon and gave in and sighed. "Ok.... I shouldn't have pushed your buttons like that.... I'm sorry....." Looking down Angel noticed Vaggie's expression soften as she replied with a sigh "I'm sorry too... I had a lot of unwanted feelings and I took it out on you". The tense atmosphere lighten up as they awkwardly smiled at each other "Well I came to make it up to ya, we can even watch those sappy rom coms you use to love so much." As soon as the film star walked in. Vaggie rushed in and gave him a some what apologetic hug. Angel was caught off guard but found the gesture touching regardless. Must be a mannerisms she picked up while she was still dating Charlie. He thought as Vaggie looked up "Hey Angel..." "Yeah." He said there pupils making contact. "thanks for being a friend". "Hehe yeah....."

Awesome art work by: MaySerena