#75

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركته،
My lovely brothers and sisters in Deen, I really hope y'all are well and doing well too In Shaa Allah.

Bis Millah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem,

Peace and blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad(Salallaho Alayhi Wa sallam),all his blessed descendents and noble companions.

(Ameēn)

May Allah cure all those people who's suffering,May Allah forgive them and give them the highest level of Shīfa.!!

(Ameēn)

"Practice what you preach"

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is one of the characteristics of the believers. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):
"The believers, men and women, are Awliya (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Maroof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden)"
[at-Tawbah 9:71].

But the one who wants to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil should not let his actions contradict his words; rather he should enjoin what is good and do it, and he should forbid what is evil and avoid it. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):
"O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?
Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do"
[as-Saff 61:2-3].

And Prophet Shu'ayb (peace be upon him) said:
"I wish not, in contradiction to you, to do that which I forbid you"
[Hood 11:88].

Al-Bukhaari (3267) and Muslim (2989) narrated that Usaamah ibn Zayd (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and thrown into the Fire; his intestines will spill forth in the Fire and he will go around as a donkey goes around the millstone. The people of Hell will gather around him and will say: O So and so, what is the matter with you? Did you not enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil? He will say: Yes, but *I used to enjoin good and not do it, and I used to forbid evil and do it*."

Sheikh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
One of the qualities and characteristics that the daa'iyah (the one who calls others to Allah) should - indeed must - have is that he must act upon what he calls people to and he should be a good example of what he is promoting. He should not be one of those who call people to something then fail to do it themselves, or who tell people not to do something, then do it. That is the state of the losers; we seek refuge with Allah from that. As for the believers who will succeed, they call people to the truth and act in accordance with it, striving and hastening to attain it, and keeping away from that which they tell others not to do.
End quote from Majmoo' Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 1/346

Sheikh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
Part of the etiquette of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is that one should be the first to obey the commands and the first to avoid what is forbidden.
End quote from Sharh Riyaadh as-Saaliheen, p. 202

A sinful preacher should stop committing sins, repent to Allah and continue with his preaching and it is 'double' haram for him to stop preaching because of his sins.

This warning from Allah applies to all Muslims not just to the scholars because every Muslim is in one way or the other a preacher at least to his family and friends.

May Allah help us to practice what we preach.
-
Aameen.
I hope it benefits guys.
Kindly Join and Share this, Baarakallaah Feekum
["One who guides to something good has a reward similar to that of its doer" - Saheeh Muslim vol.3, no.4665]
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركته.