𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐋𝐞𝐨

Requested by @grethandolan63

Title: Brainworm part 2

"It's been a month, Leo." Mikey said tiredly, running a hand down his face and staring across the table at where his oldest brother was sitting.

Leo continued to watch the table, not saying a word. His hands were clasped tight in front of him and his entire body was tense.

Mikey sighed and glanced around the kitchen, looking for something to say.

"Look. I know you miss her, we all do. But, you can't blame Raph for what happened. We all saw the worm and you know. You know, Leonardo, that he would never had done that to (y/n) if he was in his right mind." he stood up and walked to the edge of the room before turning around and looking back at Leo, who still had not moved.

"Master Splinter said you and Raphael have to go on patrol tonight." he muttered before leaving the room.

Leo closed his eyes and sat back as soon as Mikey had exited. He was still unbearably heartbroken because of what happened a month ago, but it still hurt just as bad as it did when it happened.

Finally, he sighed, stood and and stretched, and made his way to his room to grab his katana. On his way, he passed Raph, who was being followed closely by Donnie.

They didn't even look at each other. The only way Leo acknowledged Raph was by harshly bumping shoulders. Raph didn't react.

Ever since that night he came home, eyes brimmed with red and voice gone, he had been distant. Ignoring everyone and staying in his room all day. They were all hurting, but the two eldest brothers were the ones that took it out on each other.

That night, they were just about to go out for patrol when Raph accidentally dropped his sai on the way out of the sewers. He did nothing but silently pick it up as Leo gritted his teeth and walked even faster.

++++++++++

"Donnie, pick it up! Now!" Leo roared as Donnie was knocked backwards by a Purple Dragons member. Donnie muttered angrily and knocked the guy out as Mikey and Raph silently fought together.

Suddenly, a member went to slash at Raph as he lost his balance and fell back, landing on Mikey. Raph went to scramble up as the sword the man slashed with landed a shallow cut on Miley's arm.

At his yelp, Leo and Donnie leapt over and finished off the men, having them run off. Leo, making sure Mikey was okay, left him to Donnie and turned angrily to Raphael, who was staring at the ground, where a drop of Mikey's blood lay.

"Hey! What the shell, man? Mikey almost got hurt!" Leo shouted, gesturing to Mikey, who sat sadly on the ground as Donnie wrapped his arm. Mikey went to stand up at this, but was gently pushed back down by Donnie, who sat down beside him.

"They need to figure this out." he whispered to Mikey, who nodded knowingly.

"Oh yeah? Why didn't you save him, oh-so-fearless leader? Or were you too late?" Raph sneered back at Leo, who flinched.

"Why was it my job to save him? You were the closest one to him! Get your head together, Raph, or next time it'll will be Mikey, or even Donnie, that we put in the ground!" Raph stalked up to Leo and shoved him.

"So this is what this is about? You still blame me for (y/n)'s death? Don't you think I blame myself enough already? Now I gotta get it from you too? You're supposed to be the one that helps me get through my girlfriend's death!"

"Oh, shut it. I can blame you all I want. You act like none of us had to deal with her dying either! We loved her too Raphael! We lost someone important to us! Donnie lost a best friend. Mikey lost a big sister! And I lost a-" Raph cut him off.

"Crush. I know you liked her. But, think about it. I'm not doing this to get back at you or anything. Hate me all you want but remember this: while we were moping around, feeling sorry cuz you lost my girlfriend, Mikey had to act as leader! This isn't about you, Leonardo!" Raph threw his hands up and Mikey and Donnie shrunk back.

It'd been true though. While Leo and Raph were mourning, Mikey had told Master Splinter that he and Donnie would do patrol on their own. And, even on nights where Donnie was passed out in his lab, Mikey would continue patrolling on his own.

"Of course! Because it's always about you! You lost a girlfriend yes! But let me tell you something, Raphael," Leo hissed, "That night you killed (y/n), you lost me, you lost Donnie, and you lost Mikey."

"You're just mad because she didn't love you like she did me. She would never love you." Raph smirked as Leo gritted his teeth. Mikey whimpered and looked up at Donnie as they both knew what was going to happen next.

Raph took out his single sai and Leo his twin katanas. Raph has refused to use the sai he had wet with (y/n)'s blood, so he was one armed.

Leo ran first. Swiping at Raph and kicking when he ducked, the red turtle fell against a wall and sat there. Leo noticed he was shaking and immediately got a flashback to when he had done the same thing before he had killed his love in front of everyone.

"Oh, what? You're gonna pretend to cry and then jump up and stab me like you did with (y/n)? Laugh while it happens? Do it, I dare y-" he stopped suddenly when Raphael raised his head.

"Oh my..." Leo trailed off when he saw that Raph had actual tears running down his face.

"Why?" he whispered brokenly. "Why do you hate me? I wasn't myself. You know that I loved (y/n) and yet you let yourself believe that I would kill her by my own hand and laugh as I did it. I get that it's hard for you but have you once stopped to think about how hard this is for me, Leonardo? I walk my girlfriend home without knowing that it was the last time I was ever going to see her alive. I black out and when I wake up, my brother hates me because she died by my hand while I laughed. I get that it's hard for you but please, help me." he finished.

Leo just stared at him as he continued crying. What was he doing? What was wrong with him? He was pinning all the blame on Raph while he was under a brainworm's control. Suddenly, Leo felt sick.

"Before she died, she told you she forgave you." he choked out and fell to his knees as Raph let out a pained cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he broke down, dragging himself over to his broken brother as the two youngest followed. They stayed there, on that abandoned street, sobbing and screaming together until they could no more. Afterwards, they made their way home and lay in their turtle pile, under a pile of blankets and pillows.

++++++++++

Thanks for reading this crap book and voting and commenting! Keep it up please!

Request!