𝟏 . 𝟏

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" he asked. We sat down, leaning against a bookshelf.

{y/n} couldn't get the words out of her mouth. Her tears flowed, as she lay head on his shoulder.

He softly ruffled her hair and gave a smile. "Don't worry, you can tell me if you're ready."

She chuckled wiping my tears, "Ray, you're different today, are you? Usually, you'd be smacking my head by now."

He looked away, "Of course, you're my family."

She smiled, I'm ready to tell you, but are you ready to hear it?

She took a deep breath. Glancing upon the many books amongst the shelves. The library usually calmed her down. She would often come here if she felt depressed.

"Mama called me a few minutes ago."

Ray didn't make eye contact with {y/n}, but she knew he was listening.

"About..."

She explained to him every detail of her and Isabella's conversation. He stood up, furious.

"W-what do you mean you're getting shipped out? And you just accepted it?" Ray asked, clenching his teeth.

"Mama didn't know either. I didn't know what to do too," said {y/n} as she wiped her tears.

"You can't do that! Y-you have to escape! Faster, we can make a plan right now. And you can—"

"Ray," {y/n} cut him off. She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "What can we do? It isn't Mama's fault I'm getting shipped out. You might get in serious trouble if I get shipped out."

He hissed. "Are you crazy? Who cares if we got in trouble? Just as long as your safe—"

"Once again, I appreciate it. But like Norman, if I escape, there will be some problems. I want to make sure your escape goes successfully."

Ray let his emotions take over him, he clenched his fists as he started yelling. "You should prioritize yourself first! Think about the other kids! What would they do if they found you dead?"

"Can't you just listen to me for once?" she yelled back. "Your safety is my number one priority!"

"You know how essential you are to the escape, if you leave, our chances might go down."

{y/n} clicked her tongue, "It's I live or all of you dies! I can't do that!"

His breathing slowed as he hung his head low. "Dammit."

Tears started forming on the edges of her eyes. She smiled, "I love you so much, but reality hurts. Am I right?"

He didn't reply.

She sat down and leaned on the bookshelf. "I'm getting shipped out tomorrow, midnight. None of the other children know about this." {y/n} gestured him to sit down right next to her, which he did.

"Y-you... dammit."

"I'm sorry."

»»————- ♡ ————-««