𝟐 . 𝟏

»»————- ♡ ————-««

{y/n} woke up with a start. She sat up, sweat beads falling from her chin to her blankets. {y/n} had woken up from a vivid dream. She closed her eyes and tried to recall her dream. It seemed real... too real...

A vision of a tunnel arose in her mind. There were people running from something, or someone. {y/n} focused more on their blurred faces and couldn't recognize any. She laid flat on her back and shut her eyes tightly.

Is that... Ray?

What did he look like? What was he doing? What was he saying? {y/n} replayed the scene repeatedly in her head.

"Don't go... please."

Who? Why?

Ray looked at her, sweetly. {y/n}'s heart dropped. It felt like she had relived a traumatic memory, one that she wouldn't dare to speak of.

Screams of unknown voices followed. They seemed tortured or killed. The thought makes {y/n}'s blood boil. She wanted to save them, but she couldn't move an inch.

{y/n} couldn't remember anything else after that.

"What else..." she muttered. "Was Emma there? Don? Gilda? Brain, come on..."

The dream trickled like sand in an hourglass. Little by little, the memory faded—fading into the black abyss.

{y/n} sighed. I got the important parts, anyway.

The ticking of the clock chimes through her ears as she stood. Squinting, she stared at the clock, its hands pointing at 6 and 12. {y/n} only slept for 4 hours.

She entered the bathroom, splashed her face with water, and stared at her reflected image. {y/n} tried to smile, but it seemed fake—everything was. She missed her younger self; her smile, her joy, her carefree life—gone. It all went downhill ever since that day.

That's why {y/n} swore to herself no one will experience this. No one has to go through the pain she has to encounter. That's a promise.

"Don't worry," she told herself. "It's today."

"You'll see them soon."

After 21 months of searching, planning, and failure, the mission is finally taking place. {y/n} will meet them again but in the worse way possible—a massacre.

"What did I tell you!" she cursed under her breath. "It won't become a bloodbath!"

Save.

Save...

Save..!

I'll save them!

B̶̢̯͔̙̠̞̟̣̰͔͝u̸͔̝̦͎͆̌̂̑́̅̒̍͝t̵͉͉̻̞̱̳̗̀́̐̈́̈́̿̚ͅ ̵̨̡̠̲̦̲̰̮̼̉́̈̐̒̉͌͌͘͘ḥ̵̢̧̬̖̽̈́o̵̲̟̩̝̗͛͂̌͂͝ẅ̸̢̨̛̱̱̻̤̠͇̾͒̕͜ ̵̪̤̀͝c̵̖̳̙̙̦͋͝͝o̸̮͙̝͇̠̻̲̳̘͊̆̾̍̓̈̕̚͜u̴̯̖͑̒͠l̷̡͍̤͈̘͎̗͇̠̑d̶̰͆͘͘ ̵͎͉̞̬̟͇͛͛̒̀̿͊͝͠Ỉ̸̡̯͆̅́̂͑̓̕̚͝ ̷̢̼̪̯̰̗̮̥͗̍̐̔̑̔̓̐̈̇s̴̛͉͐͆͛a̵̡̢̯̠͍̳̳̺̪̋̈͂̑͆̔͑̕͠v̵̡̦̲̖̯͎̣̘͒̒̉̎̆̏ė̸̮̞͗ ̶̡̘̮̙͓̻͇̀̒̅t̴̤̖͈͈̀̑̏ͅḧ̵̡̡̨͔̦̥̻́̈́̀͛̃͊͋͑̋ẹ̴̘͖͠m̶̧̮̰̘̭̝̳̥̎̀̿̽͘͝ ̴̖̬͉̈́͒̋͊̌̃̇̑͑i̶̢̱̰̱͈͔̬̬̘̒͗̃͒̀͑͆̇̕̚f̸̰̺̈́́̂̾ ̶̢͈͖̮̈́̑̂̃̓̽͘Ḯ̵̜̕̚ͅ ̶̡̹͇̒̚ć̵̨̬̟̺̬̿͂̒a̵̧͙̝͇̲͚̣̳̳̤͗̎͐͘̕ņ̸̞̲͓͕̙̱̮̂͌͒̀̂̀̑̇̈́̉'̴̭͓̞̜̐̍̄͝t̶̬̳̣̪̤̊͆̓̌̒̇͘ͅ ̷̰̤̣͙̱̰͇̯̓͒ṡ̴̨̡̗̮̬̩͇̤͈͕̈́a̴̡̨̗͈͕͔̪͆̔̒̐̆̈́̎̀͠v̵̡̢͍̬̖̲̦̰̍̄͊͒̐̍́̐̈́͂ẻ̸̡̲̣̞̑͑͋̂̐̕͘ ̵̡̮̳͖͉́m̷͚̻͉̓̓̈́̓̌͌̃̕y̴̼̙̜̱̝̾̌͑ş̶̈́͂̾͊̅̐̚͠͝ę̶̧̲̯͙̝͇̓̈̒͐̎̚l̸̪͍̣̰̟̍͂̋̓f̴̨̹̮̲͝?? ̢̙̾̃̽͒̈͗́̚