Four-Shot

Clementine had been back to this old train station numerous times since they over threw the raiders. They collected the last of the food that wasn't destroyed, found seeds, and collected anything worthy of trade. Every time they came to look around, Clementine made sure that the walker couple's death wish was kept. She never allowed any of the kids from Ericson to kill them. She may not believe anything that James believed, that walkers contained a part of their old selves, but these people were alive once, they, as former humans, deserved to have their final request granted so long as they weren't a danger to anyone.

"Wait out here, guard the door." Clementine said to AJ, he nodded seriously, pulling out his knife and looking around with a sharp eye.

She opened the door, pushing it slowly, looking around for signs of intruders, but nothing looked out of place. She walked in. The couple had requested that they not be killed, they never mentioned anything about limbs being removed. Clementine examined their fingers, smiling when she saw rings on each hand. She reached behind her, pulling out the cleaver from her waistband that she had 'borrowed' from Violet.

Raising it in the air she brought it down swiftly, masterfully hacking off the walker's ring finger before maneuvering around to the other and doing the same. "Thank you." Clementine whispered, not really to the walker couple that remained but to their spirits? To the the universe for providing her with this small toke she could give to Violet? She picked up fingers, removing the fingers from them and dropping them back to the floor, pocketing the rings after looking them over briefly.

She knew Violet would prefer the wedding band over the one with the gemstone but the blonde had such long delicate fingers, the one with the gem might be the one that fit her better. Clementine exited the room. AJ's arms were folded as he continued to scan over the area with his eyes.

"No humans, no walkers." AJ stated as if giving a report.

"Perfect, thanks kiddo." Clementine nudged him appreciatively before heading back towards the school.

"Did you get the ring?" AJ asked once they got a little ways into the forest.

"I did." Clementine grinned, patting her pocket.

"You're going to give it to Violet?" AJ asked curiously, even though Clementine had tried to explain it to him before.

"I am." Clementine tripped slightly, navigating the forest floor could sometimes be tricky on her prosthetic but she recovered quickly.

"Because you love her?" AJ continued.

"Yes."

"The way your parents loved each other?"

"Yes."

"You're going to be mar-ried?" AJ pronounced slowly, the entire concept of marriage foreign to him.

"If she wants to." Clementine shrugged, hoping that she would. Her parents had always seemed so happy together, but she knew that Violet didn't have the same experience growing up.

"You'll have a wedding?"

"I don't know we haven't-" Clementine attempted to answer but AJ kept going.

"Will she be my mom?"

"AJ!" Clementine said, a little louder than she intended. "I'm sorry, but I don't really know any of that yet." She stopped in her tracks, rocking slightly before finding her balance, she crouched down carefully so she could look AJ in the eyes, "I love Violet, I'm going to give her this ring so that she knows that I want to love her and only her, for as long as we have left in the world. It means that I'll be with her no matter what happens and that I'll always do my best to take care of her. They used to have weddings before, I don't know if we'll do anything like that now. I don't know if it will make her any more your mom than I am, but we'll both still love and protect you as much as we ever have. Okay?"