Love In The Moonlight

Genre: Historical, Love

I was absolutely in for historical dramas, because it spelled the culture and where they come from in an understandable manner, although the stories are a work of fiction. It is in those minute details, like the set, the architectural depiction, the clothes they wore, the way they addressed people of different social standing, the different social standing; it excites me.

However this story has a different way of mix of genres than what we see in Moon Lovers. Undoubtedly, there's action, I mean, it would be a disappointing historical drama without the same; and then there's love; between two lovers and between the father and the son. There is also a heartwarming depiction of friendship.

Our female lead enters the palace as a eunuch hired as helps for the crown prince, (she's undercover, but not for a political reason. you'll know it when you see it)

To tell you the truth, there are multiple parallel stories taking place but they never confuse you because they have been intertwined with clear threads and written blissfully. Although this drama is one of those which you cannot think of watching again but definitely enjoy the one time you watch it. plus there's a lot of intricately performed stunts, which I liked and then there are good enough comic insertions which do not seem out of place.

P.S. It's been long that I watched this one, so I did miss out on one detail, our female leads loves to read and write, and has encounters with the crown prince because of the same reason in the village. When all the storm that is the drama is done, she writes her own book and runs a book store. She also is free to be seen in public as she is, and no more has to run around dressed as a man like she had to.

Status: Completed

Starring: Park Bo Gum, Kim Yu Jung, Kwak Dong Yeon