33} This Disease Called Love

"You wanna know what really gets me?" Lucifer lectures from the stage as you sit in the front row, your legs hooked over one of the armrests and you back pressed uncomfortably into the other. Your hands absently fiddle with the soft fabric of your latest outfit courtesy of Lucifer.

 Your hands absently fiddle with the soft fabric of your latest outfit courtesy of Lucifer

He continues,

"You really almost let Gabriel kill me! How could you do that to your master?"

"I didn't know he was there." You mutter.

"So now we're lying as well? I'm disappointed in you, what would Bobby say?"

"Balls probably, maybe call me an Idjit." There's no emotion in your words, just fatigue. You're tired of being Lucifer's doll.

"Oh come on, don't tell me I've broken you already! I was just starting to have fun." He pouts, sitting on the front of the stage now and swinging his legs back and forth like an innocent child.

"Just because I hold my tongue, doesn't mean I'm broken. There's plenty I'd like to say and do to you but I'm not exactly in a good position here, am I? I'd rather swallow my pride than be forced to choke on it." You feel oddly diplomatic for not punching the smirk off of his face.

"Ooo, sounds awfully kinky when you say it like that. Does this mean you'll be a good little kitten and take your punishment?" Teasing relentlessly, he hops off of the stage and crouches before your chair, taking your chin in his tight grip and forcing you to look at him, "You know I can't have you defying me so openly, right?"

Biting your tongue hard enough to make it bleed, you give a curt nod.

"Of course, sir."

----

You hadn't expected it, but even your sense of smell had become sharper now you were more powerful. Even the faintest smells stuck in your nostrils and overwhelmed you. For instance, now all you can smell is soup, mothballs and bubonic plague.

"Ah, I miss the good plague days. Won't be long now before the reboot though, aren't you excited?" Pestilence smiles wistfully, as if remembering fond childhood memories.

"You'll be stopped." With a monotone voice, you entertain this idle chatter.

"By who? Those Winchesters?"

"If not them, then me. Lucifer can't command me forever and the second he loses power over me, you'll be nothing more than dust in the wind." You smirk at that, almost hearing Dean laughing at the Kansas reference and quickly feeling your heart twist at the thought of him.

"You're lucky that angels can't contract Ebola, but I do know your weakness. One foot out of line, everyone in this building, this town, gets infected. I'm thinking a special blend of malaria, influenza and just a dash of swine flu, what do you think?" He asks the loaded question.