The Gem In The Mirror

In this story you are the older half sister of Steven. So you're human and you're around 16-17.

Requested by: RyanWilliams336049

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Show us the Galaxy Warp!" Pearl yelled at the mirror. "Pearl I think it's broken." I say walking up to Steven looking at the mirror. "Well it's been through a lot." I nod in agreeance. "Yes what a shame." Pearl says while Steven poses in the mirror. "It doesn't seem broken to me." Steven says looking to me. "Hey (Y/N) look." Steven hands me the mirror. I hold it gently. When I looked into the mirror something felt off. "Yeah it's really cool." I say worriedly handing it back to Steven. "Well (Y/N) and Steven I guess that's all for today." Pearl says examining the pile of teaching supplies. "So you could say Schools out for the summer." Steven says making a goofy face making me giggle. "Yes that a way you could say it." Steven and I cheered running out of the house with the mirror.

"Steven wait up!" I shout to him as he cheered about summer. Well until he ran into Lars. "Hey watchit you little f-." I gave Lars a death glare. "Steven." He says changing his wording. "Hey guys are you happy it's summer?" Steven asked cheerfully. Sadie responded "Well happy as I can get I guess. Since we're putting the summer rush tables out." she smiles. "Do you guys have plans?" I asked. Sadie shook her head. "Nah but Lars does." She says pointing to Lars. "Right Lars." He shout his head up from the table. "Yeah sure do!" He said "All those beach babes traveling away from their homes without their boyfriends. If y'know what I mean." I give a annoyed look while Steven is oblivious to what Lars says. "Nope." Steven says. Lars then went on about getting some girls numbers and calling them. While Sadie and I poked fun at him.

"Yeah maybe if (Y/N) and I keep walking backward with the mirror we'll find a beach time summer fun buddy!" Steven exclaimed walking backward me following beside him. "See ya guys." I waved to Sadie and Lars. "Come on (Y/N) walk backwards with me." Steven said with a smile he knows I can't say no to. "Sure." I began to walk backwards with my little bro. As Steven and walked Major Dewy's van almost hits us. The mirror then shouts the same word Lars said to Steven. "Hey watch it you little f-." Steven then yelled and I stepped in front of him. "Car wash kids move out of the way." The Major yells at us with his megaphone. "Well how bout you not drive on the board walk." I shouted angerly. "I'm the Major I don't walk anywhere." he says also very annoyed. "Now move I'm late for a speech." he then drive off.

"Asshole." I mumbled to myself but Steven still heard me. "That's a quarter for the swear jar (Y/N)." I rolled my eyes. My attention going to the mirror. "So it does work." I say taking a step to Steven. "Yeah it does!" He said smiling at the mirror. The reflection on the mirror changed. It was of Steven laughing. I freaked out a bit. "What the heck!" I shouted. Steven then asked the mirror "What's it like being a mirror?" The image changing again. "Does work." It repeated me. "So you repeat stuff?" the mirror then changed to Steven again "Yeah!"

Steven's and my attention is broken from the mirror and to the Major who was giving a speech. We then walked over. He was talking about something that really didn't keep my attention for long. Steven then started to make fart noises. "Omg Steven." I laughed and the mirror repeated the fart noises Steven had just made.

**Time Skip^^

The mirror was still making the fart noises. "Okay it was funny at first but now it's just annoying." I say playing in the sand next to Steven. "(Y/N)!" The mirror said in Stevens happy voice. Steven stood up in shock. "You made something new!" Steven said "Make something else." The mirror complied "Steven (Y/N) new friend." I felt uneasy. "Cool." Steven says showing me the mirror. "Can you do anything else?" I asked and the mirror shouted "Yeah." then a bunch of images of Steven laughing. "Steven this is weird." I say taking the mirror from him. "We should show the Gems." as I was about to start walking home the mirror shouted again. "NOOO!!" in Steven's voice. "It's okay they'll love you." Steven said the mirror kept shouting 'NOOO!!'. "Don't worry they're a great audience." Steven and I then ran all the way home.

"Guy you need to see this." I shout walking through the door. Steven and I paused at the door. Seeing everyone watching Pearl stack things. "Hello Steven and (Y/N)." Pearl said turning to us. "Hey." Amethyst says. Garnet then says "Howdy." Amethyst then sits up from her spot. "You guys need to see this." She then tries to place a teddy bear on Pearls stack of things. Pearl then stabs the bear. "Amethyst stop." Pearl says annoyed. "Well we have something better to show you." I said hand the mirror over to Steven who showed them the reflective part of the mirror. "We fixed the mirror." Steven says while Pearl cheers. "Congratulations guys." she says. "Yeah it was pretty weird though." I said "What do you mean by weird?" Pearl asked. Before I could say anything Steven shouts "It's like a person." Pearls eyes widen. She had an almost scared expression. "W-what?" she says walking to us. "It was repeating everything we said." Stevens says.

Steven then says to the mirror. "Yeah say hey." the mirror doesn't do anything "Little buddy?" Steven says bringing the mirror to face him. He talks to the mirror some more. "Come are we not beach time summer fun buddies?" the mirror makes a fart noise in response. Steven laughed. I looked to the Gems, they all had a scared look. Heck even the fearless Garnet looked scared. "You really couldn't help yourself huh?" Steven says. "Just for you Steven." The mirror goes through the things it's heard throughout the day. "This is bad." Pearl say putting her and over her mouth. "It should only be able to follow orders." Garnet stands clearly frightened. "Garnet you need to do something." Amethyst says. Garnet nods and walks to Steven. He was still laughing. "Steven." when garnet got closer to Steven and I it yelled. "NOOO!!" Steven looks behind him to see garnet. "Steven you need to give the Mirror to Garnet." I said eyes stuck on the mirror.

"It will be safer with her." I say the mirror shouts again. Over and over again saying the same thing. "Steven don't make me have to take it from you." Garnet says extending her hand to him. "It doesn't want to go with you!" Steven said back away from Garnet to the door. "Don't you hear it." I walk to Steven's side. "Steven Just give it to them." Steven then runs out the door. I run after him. "Steven stop." I yelled catching up with him. When I got completely caught up the mirror was saying about letting them out. Which confused me it's just a mirror. Right? Steven noticed I was there. "(Y/N)!" he shouted. Steven then pulled at the Gem on the back of the mirror. I was shocked at what happened next. The mirror broke revealing a girl.

She looked to Steven and thanked him. The new Gem then stood from where she was in the sand. "You didn't-" she cut herself off stumbling. Steven and I caught her. "You guys actually talked to me." She smile brightly. A light blush covering my face. "It's Steven and (Y/N) right?" she asked. Steven and I nodded. "Well I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli." she said than asking "Are you guys really Crystal Gems." I shook my head. "Only Steven is." I say "But he set me free." Lapis says confused. "What do yo-" I was cut off by Garnet calling to us.

Steven ran over to them stopping them from getting to Lapis. "You!" Lapis says angerly "You three knew I was in there and did nothing." a giant water hand forming behind her. "Did you even wonder who I used to be." She slams the hand over Garnet. "Steven!" Pearl calls out. I was only a few feet from Lapis. Before knew Steven was right in front of Lapis. "Steven we need to go." I yelled. He wasn't listening to me. "Why are you doing this." Steven says to Lapis who was still very angry with the Crystal Gems. "I'm not going to be trapped anymore." Lapis yells at the Gems. She looks to Steven and I "They're not going to let us leave." I look at her in confusion. "Leave?" Steven says. Lapis makes a rift in the ocean. Like a path to run through. "Come with me." she says. I walk in front of Steven. "Where?" I asked a protective hand keeping Steven close to me.

All she said was 'Home' she had a pitiful look on her face. Steven was stuttering trying to give a reply. Lapis look down and the once split water falls behind her. Covering the path. "Fine." she looks up to us. Garnet finally getting free from the water hand. Garnet runs to us. "Don't trust them." she says trying away from us. "Goodbye." was the last thing she said before a huge wave came barreling toward us. Pushing us away from her. Lapis had gotten away. "Steven!" Pearl runs to Steven hugging him tightly. "That was another Gem." I say sitting up from the sand. "Yes." Pearls says looking along the water. "Kid." Garnet says. Steven and I look to her. "You're both grounded."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay took me forever to write. But honestly it was worth it. I hope you guys like it. I actually had to go back and watch the episode over again. I like what I did here and this will start to drift away majorly from the original episodes and stuff. I do have to set up a Lapis x Reader romance. I also hope you guys like that I made your character the half sibling to Steven.