Chapter 4

Odette woke up to the sound of cluttering, when she opened her eyes she saw Louis. Mérante acknowledged that Odette was awake and went up to her. He gently kissed her on the forehead. Odettes cheek went bright red, she gave a small smile to Mérante. He knew she was still upset, he knew that she wouldn't get over it quickly.
Odette looked into his eyes, Louis saw there was a sad sparkle in her eyes. She felt weak and was pale. Mérante sat next to her. Odette blushed again but this time they went redder. Mérante reaches out to feel her forehead, it was burning hot. He immediately went to get some medicine and came back carrying a glass of water and a pill. Odette took this and went to sleep. Mérante sat there stroking her hair. He propped her up against his shoulder, she was fast asleep. He took her hair out of the neat and tidy bun and let her fall on his shoulder. It was silly and smooth and he continued to stroke it. All he could hear was Odette humming a familiar tune. It was.. it was... Mérante realised it was Swan Lake. He knew the fire had taken everything from her and Félicie was her chance to start again. He prayed, never like he did before that Félicie would come back.