chapter one

a/n: yay first chapter, really excited for this book, i hope you enjoy it.

---

i was walking down the halls when I was stopped by mike fuentes. i have hated him since the third grade when he threw sand in my face and then stole my favorite toy car.

"what do you want?" i asked as i looked up at him. honestly he looked terrible, his eyes were bloodshot, there were bags under his eyes, his hair was greasy, and he smelled really bad; what the hell happened to him?

"look kellin, i heard that you can talk to the dead, and I have a deal." mike said while looking at me anxiously.

"what is it?" i asked slowly, i honestly didn't like where this was going, and i didn't even know where this was going.

"well my brother vic just recently died and i wanted to know if you could maybe contact him and ask him why he killed himself, and for doing that i'll stop bullying you and i'll get the rest of the gang to stop as well." mike rushed out. i ran a hand through my dark hair before sighing.

"fine."

"okay, can we do this as soon as possible then?" mike asked.

"are you free after school?" mike nodded his head and i grabbed a pen and a piece of paper from my backpack before writing my address down.

"meet me here after school." mike nodded his head, thanked me, and then ran down the hall, probably to go to his next class.

-

mike was late, by an hour. he said he was going to be here right after school, if trying to contact his brother was so important and he wanted to do it as soon as possible then where the fuck is he?

the doorbell rang and i let out a long breath knowing that it was mike.

"you're late." i said, throwing the door open.

"sorry, this girl was giving me a really good blow job and-,"

"i don't want to hear about your sex life." i said, cutting him off. mike just shrugged and walked into my living room, looking around.

"nice place you got here, i'm guessing your family has a lot of money?" mike asked. i nodded and closed the door walking over to my room, telling mike to follow me.

"why is it so dark in here?"

"spirits like the dark." i muttered as i sat down at the table in the corner of my room where i had my book –it was used to summon spirits and i didn't use it that much considering i didn't have a reason to and i hated doing it.

mike sat down in the chair across from me and placed his hands on the table and looking through my book.

"okay, so first we need to join hands while summon vic. i'm just warning you this may not work." i said as i held out my hands for mike to grab. he grabbed them and i let out a deep sigh, even though i don't do this very often i knew the words to summon a spirit by heart.

"victor fuentes i call upon you, please won't you come to me?" i then quickly let go of mike's hands and lit the two candles that were on the table, lavender and sandalwood, spirits love those.

"now I need to you to say it, and then we'll say it together." i said, looking at mike who nodded his head.

"victor fuentes i call upon you, please won't you come to me?" mike said.

"okay, together now."

"victor fuentes i call upon you, please won't you come to me?" we both said. nothing happened and then suddenly the table was shaking, the lights went out, and then there was figure sitting to the left of me, smirking at mike and i.

---

i feel as if this chapter is a bit rushed, i hope you liked this! i'm really excited for this because i've never really written something like this, anyways check out the gif and song to the side!