4. Today is the Day

Cane POV

I stormed through the dim and dirt covered halls hoping to speak to him before I left. The screams from "hell" that I'd heard the first time I was brought here were just background noise to me now.

"Where is he," I asked a guard named Dante. He turned and pointed to the room on the right. I walked to the door and before I opened it, a hand rested on my shoulder. I turned around, ready to lose it on whoever it was and then I realized it was Gabriel.

I'm so fucking tired of your face.

"He's not in there. He had an appointment today" Gabriel said, slowly removing his hand off my shoulder.

"Why did he have an appointment and no one told me? I needed to speak with him before I left. Who is he with? When is he coming back," I practically yelled. Gabriel looked to Tim, who was pretending to not listen, and shrugged. I grunted and pushed past him.

His footsteps followed me for a good 3 minutes before I abruptly stopped and turned.

"What is it," I asked him. He looked around before leading me to the control room.

"Everybody out," he said. They looked at each other and obeyed, filing out one by one. The room was empty and the screens displayed different views of the Fiorentino house--one screen showed surveillance from a body cam on one of our infiltrators pretending to be a maid. Gabriel pulled out a seat and motioned for me to do the same. I sat down and checked my watch.

"Inizia a parlare. Ho 20 minuti," I said annoyed (T: Start talking. I have 20 minutes).

"It's about her," he started. I frowned and urged him on.

"We have intel from someone on the inside about why she's been going to Spain every 2 weekends. She's been visiting her mother's grave at Peter of Alcántara Cemetery."

"That's it," I asked, stunned. He nodded and took out a folded packet from his suit jacket. I took it from him and read the intel. There were pictures of her at the grave, crying, and holding tightly to herself. Irritated, I chucked the packet with the pictures back to Gabriel, who's reflexes were slow.

After being here for five years, I learned a lot about Gabriel. He wasn't as intimidating as he'd tried to let on. He was a little bitch that was taking orders from a man named Sage, who to this day I haven't met-- but to whom I have definitely spoken with a few times. I've managed to build trust with Gabriel which resulted in him gladly doing my dirty work for me.

I had my own agenda when I decided to stay here. After the satellite mission, I was able to give Gabriel and his men eyes on the ground and in the air at the Fiorentino's. Upon doing that, I figured instead of taking the money and leaving to fend for myself and having to start from square one, I should stick around for a few more months; just to take advantage of their resources and plan my attack on Rosalie. I was about ready to leave not long after I'd planned Rosalie's takedown, when Gabriel's men brought in the most valuable thing.

"That's it. I'll keep having my guy keep eyes on her, but that's pretty much all she's doing besides playing house with her husband." I felt a nerve snap somewhere in my head and I clenched my jaw. The nerve of that bitch to use me to get to my half-brother, who I wasn't fond of, but wasn't particularly hell bent on getting rid of him either-- for my own reasons.

I replayed that scenario on the cliff a million times; over and over and over. It was clear that he was a victim at the hands of Rosalie; she made victims of us and for that and one other reason, I pity him.

And it's for his sake and hers that I'm still here.

I got up and rubbed my temples. "Okay. Well, its Thursday which means my men and I need to go clear the perimeter." Gabriel nodded.