5. Expecting?

I slung my loaded bag over my shoulder and locked my car. The soft bell of the diner was muted by the families dining together. I spotted Special Agent Tony and Special agent David in a booth by the kitchen door. I approached them and slid in beside Tony.

He passed me a chocolate milkshake. "For you," he said quietly. David snorted and I rolled my eyes at him before thanking Tony. I slurped on my shake and made small talk with the boys before the leader on our case came in. He stopped by the front and ordered a bowl of cheesy fries.

"Gentlemen...lady. How are you all this morning," Special Agent Max asked. His frosty colored hair and light brown eyes grazed over us.

The boys grunted in response, to which Max said, " I was expecting 'Well rested, sir. And you?" I let put a small chuckle. He pushed David aside and sat next to him, much to David's dismay.

"Okay. I'm sure the plan has been drilled into your memory by now, but we'll do a quick review session. Special agent David, since you're in such a good," Max began, "how about you start us off. What will you be doing as soon as you leave this diner?" David swirled the straw in his milkshake and hugged out his response.

"I will head to 10th and Abby where Anton and the rest will be. I'll tail them from a good distance until we reach the airport." Max nodded and looked at me.

"I'll head to the airport and catch the earliest flight to Tunis, Tunisia. I'll keep tracking Anton through my watch and once I land I'll follow him from there." 

"And I'll catch a flight to Albania where I can leave an anonymous hint to the officials about a drop and Antons whereabouts," finished Tony. He ran his fingers through his black hair and leaned back in the booth seat. Max gave a nod of approval and was about to speak when he was interrupted by his cheese fries.

"Ooo! Thank you very much, Sadie," he said as he winked at the short, brunette waitress. She giggled and roller skated away. He stuffed his face and we waited patiently.

I checked my watch, as did David. All three of us looked at each other in confusion before looking at him.

"Want some," he asked after noticing our stares. Tony went to reach for one when his finger was damn near broken.

"That was a rhetorical question. What the hell are you guys waiting for? Go," Max said through a mouth full of cheesy fries. I laughed at Tony's wincing and slid out. David stared at Max waiting for him to move, but Max kept kept shoving his face.

"You can't move," asked Max. "Go around me, what the hell. I swear you newbies get worse and worse." David got up on the seat, walked over the table and jumped.

"That's why your stuffing your face with cheesy fries at 9 in the morning," mumbles David.

"What was that special agent David," yelled Max.
David pushed through Tony and I and raised a middle finger as he walked out the door, the bell singing after him. Tony and I followed him out and got into our vehicles. We all wished each other good luck, even David grumbling words of encouragement.

****
"Attention! Last call for flight to Tunis, Tunisia, Gate A10. Last call for Gate A10."

I showed the lady my boarding pass before heading to the plane. I tucked my bag into the overhead bin and sat next to a frazzled woman. She was holding a small mirror in one hand while trying to apply some mascara. She noticed me looking and gave an awkward laugh.

"I left the house looking a mess because of him and he's finally settled in so I figured why not," she said. I nodded and leaned my head forward a bit and saw a little boy nestled onto her lap. The sun peeking through the window shone on his toffee skin. He reached out in his sleep to tuck his thumb between his lips.