Civil war aftermath 3

Peter's POV

"Pops?" I asked, even though Steve had lost that title months ago. "When can I see Harley and dad?"
"Well since you're grounded and took your phone back, probably not for a few months."
"That wasn't even me!"
"It's your phone."
"Ughhhh!"

I didn't even understand why I was grounded. All I did was tell steve I didn't want to move schools, then got into an argument and shouted about the fact he wasn't my pops and couldn't tell me what to do.

Okay... maybe I could see why I was grounded. But it was the truth!

"Peter, why are you being like this? You never were before. What changed?"
"EVERYTHING, STEVE! MY WHOLE LIFE HAS GOTTEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN AND YOU COMPLETELY FAILED TO REALISE THAT I'M STRUGGLING TO COPE WITH EVERYTHING!" I started to cry, I don't know why, but I couldn't help myself. "I know t-that you're hurting too, and I know that m-me taking this out on you is-isn't helping that... but I- I'm just so a-angry at you for wh-what you did to dad. And I k-know that you f-feel bad about it. I know you're sorry but..... I just... I need someone to blame for this. That blame j-just fell on y-you and... I cant get r-rid of it b-because I feel like n-nobody is t-trying to h-help... nobody realises that I'm hurting... nobody noticed t-that I'm not adapting t-to the changes well... and I wish I could... b-but I can't. I know that the marriage was f-failing anyway, and t-that it was n-never going to last... but I d-didn't expect it t-to end like... this..."
"Peter...."
"I think I need to be alone right now.."

I trudged up to my room, and climbed out the window to sit on the roof. I'd go patrolling, or just swinging around the city, but I couldn't because I was grounded and my suit was gone.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, staring over to Stark Tower and wishing I could be there.

I wished that I could be making adjustments to the web fluid with Tony in the lab, talking to Ned who was testing out Harley's latest potato gun after we had just eaten Steve's food.

Stop it Peter.

That will never happen again.

Give up.

Stop dreaming.

Harley's POV

"Dad?"
"Yeah, Harls?"
"Would it be okay if I go round Steve's at some point? It's just... since Peter is grounded and he can't come here, I thought I could go there?"
"I don't think you'd be able to. You know what Steve is like when he grounded you."
"Okay... just... I just really miss him."

Dad hugged me tightly, "I do too, kiddo."

I knew Peter would call as soon as he got his phone back, so I just waited.